Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#86738 by Hazeman
Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:20 am
I am trying to put an IP camera on my system. I have a Motorola Surfboard modem, then my Ooma, then my router which is a Ruckus 2825 router. You may not be familiar with Ruckus but it is the most stable part of my system. The IP camera is a Panasonic BL-C131A wireless. I have these exact same devices except the Ooma connected at our other house and they work perfectly. I've attempted to write new rules for the Ooma using it's form without success. It appears that Ooma is blocking any attempt to allow port forwarding. I also have a 1TB DNLA device connected directly to the router which I doubt is influencing this situation. However each of these devices thinks it is smarter than any other device connected which has made setup complicated.

I think perhaps if I move the Ooma to the other side of the router and maybe even thru a smart switch the problem might go away. But each time I try that approach the Ooma refuses to work.
#86740 by thunderbird
Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:46 am
Hazeman wrote:I am trying to put an IP camera on my system. I have a Motorola Surfboard modem, then my Ooma, then my router which is a Ruckus 2825 router. You may not be familiar with Ruckus but it is the most stable part of my system. The IP camera is a Panasonic BL-C131A wireless. I have these exact same devices except the Ooma connected at our other house and they work perfectly. I've attempted to write new rules for the Ooma using it's form without success. It appears that Ooma is blocking any attempt to allow port forwarding. I also have a 1TB DNLA device connected directly to the router which I doubt is influencing this situation. However each of these devices thinks it is smarter than any other device connected which has made setup complicated.
Hazeman:
I think perhaps if I move the Ooma to the other side of the router and maybe even thru a smart switch the problem might go away. But each time I try that approach the Ooma refuses to work.

Relocate the Ooma device connecting from one of your Router's LAN ports, or switch ports, to the Ooma Internet port to a Modem-Router-Ooma connection.
Access Ooma Setup by temporarily connecting a network cable from the Ooma device's Home port to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if Wi-Fi is turned on in the computer. Reboot the computer. Type http://172.27.35.1 in the computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages opens. Click on Internet at the left upper side. Go down to Connection Type. Click on the down arrow and select Dynamic (DHCP). Go to the bottom of the page and click on Update Device.
Remove power from the Modem, Router, and Oooma device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is
done booting, repower the Router. When the Router is done booting, repower the Ooma device.

Note: With the Modem-Router-Ooma connection, most people will connect nothing to the Ooma Home port, except when making adjustments to Ooma Setup, because of network printing, and file sharing issues.
#88998 by rickyeo
Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:02 am
After lots of searching and trying, I have the OOMA working between my modem (Motorola 6120) and the router (Apple Airport Extreme), and allowing me to view my network camera on the internet. I'm assuming you have the camera working properly without the OOMA connected between the modem and router.

Here's what worked for me:

Connect the OOMA Internet port to the modem. Plug your computer into the Home port of the OOMA.

Unplug the power to the modem and OOMA.

Power up the modem and wait a couple of minutes. Then plug in the OOMA, and wait until you have the blue logo.

Reboot your computer.

Open your browser, go to setup.ooma.com

Make these changes: (and click update device at the bottom of each page after making the change).

On HOME NETWORK TAB:
Home Port: Set IP to 172.16.1.1
Set Netmask to 255.255.255.0

DHCP Config: Set Start Address to 172.16.1.10
Set End Address to 172.16.1.10

DMZ: Set DMZ Address to 172.16.1.10

On ADVANCED TAB:
Quality of Service: Upstream 0
Downstream 0

Port Forwarding: None

(that should setup the OOMA to pass all traffic on all ports, and give the Airport Extreme the 172.16.1.10 address on the internet side)

NOW...we need to setup the Router

Unplug your computer from the Home Port on the OOMA, and plug in your Router. (so the Home Port of the OOMA is connected directly to the Internet Port on the Router).

Plug your computer into one of the network ports on the router.

Power up the router and then when that is done, reboot your computer.

On the Airport Extreme...you need to setup the Port Mapping (also known as Port Forwarding). This is the same step you would take if your configuration was simply the modem and router.

My camera has a fixed IP addresses on my network at 192.168.1.253 at Port 5002.

So on the Airport Extreme, I use the Airport Utility to go to the Advanced Tab, Port Mapping, and add a new map for my camera:

Public TCP: 5002
Private IP: 192.168.1.253
Private TCP: 5002

That's it.