Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#86519 by WJBertrand
Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:15 pm
I was just sitting here when my Ooma Telo started blinking red for for a few minutes. It then turned back to blue and resumed working this was at about 8:10 pm tonight. Any idea what that was? I checked the firmware update number and it's still the same.

UPDATE: seems my modem went off line for some reason. After I re-booted the modem a few times everthing came back up. Gave me a chance to test the call forwarding function when the cable was out and it worked fine.
Last edited by WJBertrand on Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#86520 by WJBertrand
Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:41 pm
I spoke too soon! The Telo started blinking red again slowly. I let it go for a few minutes and then unplugged it for about 30 seconds. Now the "flower" is blinking red much more rapidly and the voice mail buttons are not illuminated. It has also interrupted my router's Internet connection. I am configured with the Telo between the modem and the router.
#86525 by murphy
Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:45 am
WJBertrand wrote:I spoke too soon! The Telo started blinking red again slowly. I let it go for a few minutes and then unplugged it for about 30 seconds. Now the "flower" is blinking red much more rapidly and the voice mail buttons are not illuminated. It has also interrupted my router's Internet connection. I am configured with the Telo between the modem and the router.

Do you have the Telo configured to use the built-in MAC address? If not, that is the first thing to fix. Once that is done power cycle the modem, Telo, and router.
Turn all off.
Turn modem on and wait for sync with ISP.
Turn on Telo and wait for all blue.
Turn on router.
#86533 by WJBertrand
Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:52 am
murphy wrote:
WJBertrand wrote:I spoke too soon! The Telo started blinking red again slowly. I let it go for a few minutes and then unplugged it for about 30 seconds. Now the "flower" is blinking red much more rapidly and the voice mail buttons are not illuminated. It has also interrupted my router's Internet connection. I am configured with the Telo between the modem and the router.

Do you have the Telo configured to use the built-in MAC address? If not, that is the first thing to fix. Once that is done power cycle the modem, Telo, and router.
Turn all off.
Turn modem on and wait for sync with ISP.
Turn on Telo and wait for all blue.
Turn on router.

I didn't configure the Telo to do anything, just connected and plugged it in according to the instructions. What does configured to use the built in MAC address mean? Shouldn't it use anything
"built in" automatically? I think my problem was not the Telo last night but rather a brief cable outage. The Telo came back up immediately after the Internet access was reestablished.