Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#86241 by philw132
Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:53 pm
I just ordered the ooma handset to make use of the 2nd line feature, i plan on isolating the 2nd line completely to the handset.

i have a couple questions.

1.) once i do the setup, the rj11 port will only ring if the 1st line is being called, correct?

2.) will both lines share the same voice mail? i would very much like it to be separate.

thanks,
Phil
#86242 by murphy
Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:57 pm
philw132 wrote:I just ordered the ooma handset to make use of the 2nd line feature, i plan on isolating the 2nd line completely to the handset.

1.) once i do the setup, the rj11 port will only ring if the 1st line is being called, correct?

2.) will both lines share the same voice mail? i would very much like it to be separate.

thanks,
Phil

1.) Correct.
2.) Each number will have it's own voicemail.
#86284 by philw132
Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:45 pm
Fantastic, Thanks for the help!

murphy wrote:
philw132 wrote:I just ordered the ooma handset to make use of the 2nd line feature, i plan on isolating the 2nd line completely to the handset.

thanks,
Phil

1.) Correct.
2.) Each number will have it's own voicemail.
#86688 by philw132
Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:19 pm
I just got the ooma handset today, it was delayed a full week by UPS due to hurricane Irene. its not a big deal with a natural disaster you can give UPS a little slack. anyhow i just set it up and configured it so far i am very happy with it.. HOWEVER i am noticing the charger base is very very finicky about matting with the phone to get a good connection has anyone else experienced this?
#86712 by EA PA
Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:20 am
Yes! I have the same issue. Complaints about the handset design is pretty thoroughly documented in the forum threads. It does take a bit of fiddling to set it - I agree. Design could be better. If you search on handset, you will finds lots of :x commentary....
#86713 by philw132
Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:28 am
Yeah, thats why i never bought a handset in the beginning because of the bad reviews on it. but i had a need to take advantage of the dedicated 2nd line / 2nd voicemail feature that you can only get with telo handsets.

I love the phone honestly, but the matting on the charger is my only complaint. As long as i train everyone not to assume its charging unless they see the blue LED its not a big deal.

EA PA wrote:Yes! I have the same issue. Complaints about the handset design is pretty thoroughly documented in the forum threads. It does take a bit of fiddling to set it - I agree. Design could be better. If you search on handset, you will finds lots of :x commentary....