Ooma telo not working after network outage

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
bimple

Ooma telo not working after network outage

Post by bimple » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:54 pm

I got up this morning to discover my ooma telo, that has been working perfectly for over a year, had a red blinking light and a busy signal. I checked online and saw a notice about the outage, and I waited for my service to return. I tried rebooting my device but got no luck. Here is what I did:
1. Power off the Telo unit, wait around 15 seconds, then power it back on,
2. When the logo starts flashing RED, press and hold 'Stop' and 'Trash' keys at the same time,
3. The logo should then flash alternatively BLUE and RED,
the instructions I found then say:
4. Release the 'Stop' and 'Trash' keys when the logo turns solid BLUE (not RED as it used to be), then it takes around 30 more seconds before it goes to step 5 (the play button light goes amber, the logo light goes off, ...) - be patient - DO NOT unplug the power otherwise the factory reset is not effective !!

However, it does not turn a solid blue before rebooting - it turns a solid red, then reboots to a flashing red logo.

I have done this several times with no luck. Any other ideas?

bimple

Re: Ooma telo not working after network outage

Post by bimple » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:12 pm

i spoke with customer service and they determined that my device was not working properly as a resul;t of the outage, and they are replacing my device.

mgruebe3

Re: Ooma telo not working after network outage

Post by mgruebe3 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:25 am

Nice - that is a pretty sever outage that it whacked the hub. My hub has not worked since yesterday when the major outage was, guess I have to call and talk with someone.