Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#85919 by thunderbird
Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:39 pm
wardm6 wrote:Solid red ooma hub tab isn't even listed in documentation. Any ideas?

The Ooma Phone system was down for a few hours today.

The Ooma Moderators are saying that you should reboot all of you equipment. Modem, Ooma, Router in the order connected.

Leave the Ooma device unpowered for a few minutes.
#85925 by wardm6
Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:03 pm
tried all that but still red tab. My internet was down for a few days due to a faulty cable modem. Just got that back up today. ANyone else seen the solid red ooma tab?
#85933 by thunderbird
Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:25 pm
Let the Ooma device boot as far as it will boot. Access Ooma Setup, by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window.
(If your Ooma device is connected with a network cable to one of your Router Lan Ports, you will have to temporarily connect a computer's wired LAN port to the Ooma device's Home port using a network cable. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if Wi-Fi is turned on in the computer. Reboot the computer.)

The Ooma Setup pages should open.
Click on Status. If you see an IP address following, TO INTERNET port:, go down to, OOMA Tunnel: and see if it says Connected. If it's not, reboot the Ooma Device.

If it doesn't connect, contact Ooma Customer Support. They will have to try to "kick start" it from their end.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

See topic:

bimple wrote:i spoke with customer service and they determined that my device was not working properly as a result of the outage, and they are replacing my device.
#86045 by highq
Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:12 pm
kostadaras wrote:I'm in New york still have no service 8:15 PM all day down :cry:

I'm in NY as well, and I experienced Ooma's outage yesterday morning, but not all day.
Are you back up?