Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#85946 by bimple
Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:35 pm
I had the same issue, and as a result of the outage they are replacing devices that were affected. Talk to customer service and they will help determine what the issue is.
#85953 by ffwoltz
Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:16 pm
my ooma service is still down what is going on and where do we stand getting the phones back on i have tried to reboot the hub and scout with no success.
#85956 by bimple
Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:59 pm
call customer service and save yourself the hassles. tell them that your service went down when the network outage happened. I did that, and despite the fact that my device was out of warranty they still are going to replace it.
#85959 by beerman1957
Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:32 pm
as of 2130 Aug 17, I have no service in Arizona. I also see NO updates on Twitter. This may be the last month I am with OOMA. It seems they really don't have a backup plan. There are no backup services for the VOIP, obviously and customer service actually WENT HOME despite continuing issues. Seems like they should have stayed on later but money is more important than service these days.

Looks like I have to go back to Qwest or whatever they are called. The Customer service at OOMA is seriously lacking.
#85962 by lbmofo
Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:49 pm
According to the status post, everything is supposed to be back up and running.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26

This is what's posted on Ooma's Facebook page:

We realize that there are some people still offline. The network is live. Please turn off your Hub or Telo for 30-60 minutes and then turn it on and let it boot.
#85973 by Euclidw
Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:43 am
My service is still down. Very annoying. I still can't get through to customer service. I think this outage may drive them out of business. I know a lot of people are furious. If this doesn't get resolved soon. I'll be cancelling my premium service and returning the Telo to Costco... :x
#85978 by thunderbird
Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:13 am
Euclidw wrote:My service is still down. Very annoying. I still can't get through to customer service. I think this outage may drive them out of business. I know a lot of people are furious. If this doesn't get resolved soon. I'll be cancelling my premium service and returning the Telo to Costco... :x

The first thing to do is reboot all of your equipment. Leave the Ooma device unpowered for at least 15 Minutes.

If your Ooma device still doesn't come up, access Ooma Setup.

If your setup is Modem-Ooma-Router, type in http://172.27.35.1
If your setup is modem-Router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device's Home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi, if Wi-Fi is turned on in your computer. Reboot the computer.

The Ooma setup pages opens. Click on Status at lower left side. Following, TO INTERNET port:, you should see Connected: [ 192.168.xxx.xxx ]. If you don't see an IP address, the Ooma Telo isn't connecting to the Internet. If you see an IP address, then go down to OOMA Tunnel:. If that don't say, Connected, then you may have to contact Ooma Customer Support to have them do a "kick Start" of the Ooma tunnel.

Mine was this way during yesterday morning, but by 1:00 PM the Ooma Tunnel connected by itself, and the Red flashing Ooma symbol turned blue.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#86005 by Euclidw
Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:56 am
Thanks for the help. I had unplugged the Telo for an hour, but it still didn't work, then I tried your instructions & I have it up and running again. I still would like to see some statement from Ooma explaining what happened & letting us know what steps they are taking to avoid this in the future.