Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#85808 by sundeep607
Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:08 am
My Ooma phone was working fine last night. This morning, I am getting a busy signal on my phone. My internet connection is up and running and working fine.

I have rebooted Ooma system and still no success.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
#85828 by Charles R
Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:40 am
My service was back up around 11:30 EST. Not sure when it went down but roughly 9-9:30AM. I have lost my AT&T landline on a few occasions over the years so I'm not going to panic (even though I have only been using the service for a couple of weeks). However it would have been nice if they updated Twitter in a timely manner.

I think this is funny...

Most users ever online was 640 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:12 am

I guess they know how to drive traffic to the forum. :)
#85838 by lbmofo
Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:11 am
My dad's Qwest (CenturyLink now) line went down twice earlier this year 1 full day each, all within a month. So even POTS can have their days.
#85846 by Charles R
Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:22 am
thunderbird wrote:This Ooma phone outage isn't bad. I used to loose my AT&T line quite frequently for days at a time.

I'm not ready to give them a pass. I have been at my current address for over 9 years and I'm hard pressed to remember the service (AT&T) being out more than a couple of times over the years. In reality I don't expect an Internet based service to reach the same level of uptime and I believe it was more of a regional issue than Ooma themselves. So again I'm not too concerned about it but at the same time I don't think you can write it off by simply saying others are worse.

I do think they should have a status posted somewhere outside of their control (their website) and searching I found Twitter. More than an hour after I was down it still wasn't reporting any issues. It was only after googling that I found 20 pages of posts at another forum was I certain it wasn't a local issue (me).
#85917 by thunderbird
Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:36 pm
Charles R wrote:
thunderbird wrote:This Ooma phone outage isn't bad. I used to loose my AT&T line quite frequently for days at a time.

I'm not ready to give them a pass. I have been at my current address for over 9 years and I'm hard pressed to remember the service (AT&T) being out more than a couple of times over the years. In reality I don't expect an Internet based service to reach the same level of uptime and I believe it was more of a regional issue than Ooma themselves. So again I'm not too concerned about it but at the same time I don't think you can write it off by simply saying others are worse.

I do think they should have a status posted somewhere outside of their control (their website) and searching I found Twitter. More than an hour after I was down it still wasn't reporting any issues. It was only after googling that I found 20 pages of posts at another forum was I certain it wasn't a local issue (me).

Concerning AT&T, you must have been one of the lucky ones to live in an area were AT&T service was better. In our part of the country it was different. In our case we had old World War Two AT&T telephone lines routed past our home (We live on the edge of a large city). Every time it rained the phone was staticy or went out completely. If the wind blew, or it was calm, or to cold, or to warm the phone service would go out. If the sun shined too brightly, the phone service would go out. You get the idea. AT&T service in our area was a joke. :x
Then the service people would come out and make repairs. Later we'd come home and the phone would ring, but the call was for one of our neighbors. Our phone calls were going to a different neighbor. Then after another service call, the phone would ring and all of the neighbors would answer the phone at the same time. It took days to straighten out the mess. These kinds of things would happen on regular bases, every year, year after year. :o

Thank god for cell phones.

So Ooma's phone network was down for a few hours. Big deal. I certainly will give Ooma a pass. :D
#85945 by Charles R
Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:25 pm
thunderbird wrote:Concerning AT&T, you must have been one of the lucky ones to live in an area were AT&T service was better.

I think I am. It's a relatively new neighborhood and everything is underground (all utilities). Now that I think of it my mother-in-law lives in an older neighborhood and she does have issues on a semi-regular basis.

Regarding the outage I'm in the business so I generally give out passes. In this case however I haven't seen why their concurrent and redundant line(s) didn't kick in. It's not so much the outage rather the activities evolved around it.