Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#86354 by sokha
Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:56 pm
just got an email from LEVEL 3.

the problem now is escalated to ENGINEERING department.
#86396 by sokha
Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:03 pm
update.....

engineering found a bug in Ooma software.
it will take 2 weeks to fix.
another option for me is to RESET the software on their end which means all my settings will be erased....kind of like buying a new Ooma device.

i requested Ooma to reset the software.
as of right now, my MULT-RING works again.

will report back a week from now for an update.
#86656 by sut703
Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:39 am
Here we go again. Multi-ring not always working again. Happened a few times over the last few days. Additionally, it seems every time I get a call from my girlfriend's Ooma line, the multi-ring NEVER works.

Also, my Call Forwarding settings were changed AGAIN. I went back in and saw it's (well it's attempting to) forward calls for both lines to my mobile. This is probably the 6th time in as many weeks that I've gone in and selected just the specific line that I use, as I don't use the second line.
#86659 by lbmofo
Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:19 am
sut703 wrote:Here we go again. Multi-ring not always working again. Happened a few times over the last few days. Additionally, it seems every time I get a call from my girlfriend's Ooma line, the multi-ring NEVER works.

Currently, call forwarding, multi-ring, anonymous call block, blacklist do not work if call is coming from another Ooma.

viewtopic.php?t=12313#p86249
#86675 by sokha
Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:56 pm
my CALL FORWARD is working consistently for about a week now after software reset on Ooma part.

however, a lot of the software interface that you can manage yourself using web browser don't work.
example, if i need to DISABLE/ENABLE BLACK LIST, i have to contact Ooma since the software that exposed to the end-user doesn't do anything.

CALLER ID on CALL FORWARD is 50/50 in my case.
Ooma engineer is looking into this problem now.

BLOCK OUTGOING CALL ID also doesn't work in my case.
Ooma engineer is looking into this problem now.

not sure what Ooma did with their new software.
seems like a lot of bugs and why nobody tested it before put it LIVE?
#86995 by Lord Vader
Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:15 am
My multi-ring forwarding stopped working once my # was ported. Before then, the temp # worked fine. Since the porting was completed, my home phone doesn't ring. Only my cell phone does.
#86998 by Lord Vader
Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:40 am
I've done that, even reset that. I've narrowed the problem down to a rather odd thing--this problem only occurs when one of my Vonage relatives calls me; that is, Multi-ring works when someone who's not a Vonage customer calls me, but when my parents or my sister, who are Vonage customers, calls me, the multi-ring doesn't work. My cell # only rings.
#87001 by lbmofo
Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:13 am
Could the multi-ring be working because Vonage setting you had setup is still active?

I am wondering what happens if you turn off multi-ring for now and have one of the Vonage customers call you. I am guessing your phone won't ring. If this is the case, Vonage hasn't updated their internal routing table. Hence no Vonage customers can reach your ported number. Have one of them call Vonage to tell them that they can't reach a working number that used to be Vonage but now with another carrier.