Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#85464 by Dylane
Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:18 pm
The PCs and other network gear seem to be assigned addresses from the Ooma (or at least in the same subnet). For instance, my PC is 172.27.35.34. My memory (which could certainly be wrong) is that my Buffalo is not setup to give out IPs anymore, since that had been conflicting with the DSL router.

I won't be home until Friday evening so I was hoping I could get this figured out remotely.
#85466 by murphy
Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:26 pm
Dylane wrote:The PCs and other network gear seem to be assigned addresses from the Ooma (or at least in the same subnet). For instance, my PC is 172.27.35.34. My memory (which could certainly be wrong) is that my Buffalo is not setup to give out IPs anymore, since that had been conflicting with the DSL router.

I won't be home until Friday evening so I was hoping I could get this figured out remotely.

If you turned off the DHCP server in the Buffalo it is no longer possible to connect to it from the LAN side.

The only way out of that is a factory reset.
#85468 by Dylane
Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:35 pm
murphy wrote:If you turned off the DHCP server in the Buffalo it is no longer possible to connect to it from the LAN side.

The only way out of that is a factory reset.

Hmmn, maybe I'm misremembering then, since I was pretty sure I've connected to it since I made this change. If it makes a difference I'm running a third party firmware (Tomato) on the Buffalo.
#85509 by thunderbird
Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:21 pm
Dylane wrote:Thanks, but what exactly would I be looking for in ipconfig /all? The default gateway IP is for the Ooma, and I don't see anything else that looks promising. The Buffalo (pre-Ooma) had been set to 192.168.1.2. I tried 192.168.11.1 with no luck.

If a network cable is connected from the Buffalo router LAN port to the wire LAN port of the computer,
ipconfig/all is only looking at the Buffalo router, not the Ooma device.

If you are using a computer connected to the Buffalo LAN port with a network cable and using ipconfig/all in a DOS window in your computer, the Default Gateway, the DHCP Server, the DNS Server IP address, is also the Buffalo Router IP address. This is the IP address that should access the router. If it's the same IP address as the Ooma device, remove power from the Ooma device and try.

And you are using http:// in front of the IP address when you enter it?