Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#6316 by funone46
Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:35 pm
I have the brother fax machine connected to the splitter for the phone port. I have the fax set up as telephone mode. I have not been able to get any fax's. Have not tried to fax out, but I never do any way and is not a concern.
Any help please
#6318 by daet
Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:00 pm
funone46 wrote:I have the brother fax machine connected to the splitter for the phone port. I have the fax set up as telephone mode. I have not been able to get any fax's. Have not tried to fax out, but I never do any way and is not a concern.
Any help please

Stupid question - Does the voicemail pick up before the fax can? How many rings have you setup the fax for?

DG
#6322 by funone46
Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:53 pm
I have it set to 40sec. Then the vm picks up.
It worked fine with a land line
#6331 by oomg
Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 am
FWIW, I have been using an e-fax service for almost a year for all incoming faxes. There are at least two services available that allow for the receipt of an unlimited number of incoming faxes for less than $4 per month. Given the number of faxes that are sent to me, that is less than the cost of toner, etc., particularly since I end up printing only about 15-20% of all incoming documents. Each of these services will give you a dedicated fax number, and each will also allow for distribution to multiple email addresses. So, I use the alternative email address to automatically backup and archive all incoming documents.

One other feature... since switching to the service, junk faxes have ceased completely. Not quite sure how they filter them, but it works.

oomg