Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#85246 by oldanbo
Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:48 pm
did she have an offshore accent?

Just kidding ....It seems to have been isolated to the Telo unit, per others posts. Do a search, you'll see that many have the same issue. Answer the call, then pause the dvr, see what happens. I haven't tried it yet, but, supposedly that will do away with that. And it may give an indication of where the problem lays.

call Dish then call Ooma, same answer, troubles leaving here fine.

In all honesty, I suspect Ooma may already have someone working this issue, problem, whatever...I just ignore it.

Cheers
#85261 by thunderbird
Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:38 am
Still the caller ID function has always displayed properly on each of my two Dish recievers connected to an Ooma Telo?

Not that it's that important, and it's more like who gives a darn, but I wouldn't rule out the Dish receiver as the problem.

Remember the caller ID function has always displayed properly on each of my two Dish recievers connected to an Ooma Telo.

I spent a little time on the Internet looking for this problem, but couldn't find a simular situation.

I did notice that many, many people have had caller ID problems displaying (or not displaying) on their TVs with any phone provider.
#85264 by lbmofo
Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:47 am
The 2nd "Unavailable" message doesn't come up with my Hub but I was able to recreate with Telo.
#85268 by thunderbird
Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:46 pm
lbmofo wrote:The 2nd "Unavailable" message doesn't come up with my Hub but I was able to recreate with Telo.

Something to try, interesting, not important if you don't have time.

Setup: Call your Ooma Telo phone number, but don't answer your Ooma Telo phone.

Watch and compare the caller ID display on a phone, and also watch the caller ID display on the TV, paying picutular attention, comparing when the caller ID drops off in the Ooma Telo phone, as compared to when it drops off in the TV (or changes to unknown in the TV).