Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#85102 by lbmofo
Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:44 pm
So, you don't have landline, only using Ooma (and feeding the house wiring with Ooma dialtone?) and you are not getting call logs in my.ooma.com?

BTW, did you physically disconnect your house wiring from the telephone company at the NIB?

viewtopic.php?t=12131#p84997
#85103 by thunderbird
Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:45 pm
mz37lw wrote:This only appears on the Dish System; not in the Ooma call logs. But, I do agree it appears to be an Ooma issue.

Was the number caller ID Name correct on the My Ooma call logs, and did it show correctly on the phone handset displays?

It may be if you have the Internet connected to your Dish receiver, and also the phone connected to Dish receiver, and that one reports first, then the other reports?
The way to check that would be to disconnect the Internet cable from the Dish Reciever. Then test call your Ooma number and see what happens.

Then reconnect the Internet cable to the Dish receiver, and disconnect the phone cord from the Dish receiver and test again and see what happens.

I've never done this, so it would be interesting to hear what your results are.
#85104 by lbmofo
Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:47 pm
with the dish vip722, the internet connected won't impact callerid feature.
#85112 by thunderbird
Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:19 pm
lbmofo wrote:with the dish vip722, the internet connected won't impact callerid feature.

You would think so, unless the Dish receiver was malfunctioning?
#85114 by mz37lw
Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:43 pm
thunderbird wrote:
mz37lw wrote:This only appears on the Dish System; not in the Ooma call logs. But, I do agree it appears to be an Ooma issue.

Was the number caller ID Name correct on the My Ooma call logs, and did it show correctly on the phone handset displays?

It may be if you have the Internet connected to your Dish receiver, and also the phone connected to Dish receiver, and that one reports first, then the other reports?
The way to check that would be to disconnect the Internet cable from the Dish Reciever. Then test call your Ooma number and see what happens.

Then reconnect the Internet cable to the Dish receiver, and disconnect the phone cord from the Dish receiver and test again and see what happens.

I've never done this, so it would be interesting to hear what your results are.


The caller-id shows correctly on the handset (Ooma Telo Handset) and in the call logs.
The receiver is connected to the internet via wireless adapter.
I will do as you suggest and disconnect the wireless adapter from the receiver and test.
I hadn't thought of that; good suggestion.
#85117 by oldanbo
Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:12 pm
it will be interesting to see the result of this. I have a Dish 622 connected via Ethernet and see the same thing. I just ignore the second message. I don't remember whether it only showed up after I switched to ooma. It's been a couple of years. It also occurs on a 612 in the bedroom.

IMHO, I think it's the Dish receiver's handling of caller id.

Regards
#85119 by lbmofo
Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
mz37lw,

Now, I fully understand what you are talking about. My Hub dialtone is distributed throughout the house and my Dish receivers never experienced what you described.

I decided to check it out and distributed Telo dialtone. Sure enough...Dish receiver displays callerid properly and then the Name Unavailable message.

Now, we know it is the Telo and not the receivers. But why does this happen with Telo and not Hub? A question only Ooma tech guys can answer.
#85121 by oldanbo
Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:04 pm
Been a long time since I was running the hub. Thank you for your input, I know it wasn't addressed to me, but you have swayed my opinion.

Thanks,
Dan
#85122 by lbmofo
Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:10 pm
Dan, didn't see your prior post :) Glad to help; at least narrowed it down to Telo.
#85242 by mz37lw
Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:45 pm
I got a call today from Ooma; not sure if it was a technical support person or not as she was rather vague as to her function. I explained the issue I had been reporting and she didn't seem to think it was an Ooma issue. I further explained that it only happened on the Telo and not the Hub and perhaps Engineering could determine what the difference in the two units might be. She told me if I wanted that feature to work I should buy the Hub. :shock: I politely thanked her and ended the conversation. I don't see this issue getting much traction with Ooma. I was rather disappointed in the response.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests