Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#85083 by mz37lw
Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:57 am
I have a Dish Network ViP722k. When I receive a call the receiver displays the caller-id correctly. However, if the call is not answered via handset, Name Unavailable is displayed immediately upon switching to voice-mail. I'm a moderator on DBSTalk.Com and several posters, including myself, have reported this. Of course, upon contacting Dish Network they report it's an Ooma issue. Is it?
#85084 by lbmofo
Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:23 am
By any chance, are you in landline integration mode where you are feeding landline dialtone to Ooma and having Ooma work with your landline number?
#85085 by mz37lw
Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:27 am
I should have mentioned that I'm using Ooma Telo. Beyond that, I'm not sure I understand the question.
#85087 by thunderbird
Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:50 am
mz37lw wrote:I have a Dish Network ViP722k. When I receive a call the receiver displays the caller-id correctly. However, if the call is not answered via handset, Name Unavailable is displayed immediately upon switching to voice-mail. I'm a moderator on DBSTalk.Com and several posters, including myself, have reported this. Of course, upon contacting Dish Network they report it's an Ooma issue. Is it?

When you say "receiver" do you mean the TV?
lbmofo wrote:By any chance, are you in landline integration mode where you are feeding landline dialtone to Ooma and having Ooma work with your landline number?

I think ibmofo means is there anything plugged into the Ooma device Wall port?

You could contact Ooma Customer Support and ask them:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#85090 by lbmofo
Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:55 am
If you are using your landline with Ooma, incoming callerid not working for phones connected to the Ooma device is a known issue (for some folks). In this landline integration mode, all incoming calls & outgoing local calls including toll free are via your landline. Your Dish 722 is getting callerid coming from landline so it would reflect it properly.
#85092 by mz37lw
Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:09 am
I do not have a traditional land-line. I don't believe you can use the Ooma Telo with an existing land-line anyway.
My Ooma is connected to a phone jack that provides service to all my jacks. Also, I'm using a "wireless" phone jack to my 722k which works fine.
And yeah, the TV is displaying the caller-id.
I have contacted tech support but haven't received a response. I figured I would check with those here that might be running into the same situation.
#85093 by thunderbird
Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:23 am
mz37lw wrote:I do not have a traditional land-line. I don't believe you can use the Ooma Telo with an existing land-line anyway.
My Ooma is connected to a phone jack that provides service to all my jacks. Also, I'm using a "wireless" phone jack to my 722k which works fine.
And yeah, the TV is displaying the caller-id.
I have contacted tech support but haven't received a response. I figured I would check with those here that might be running into the same situation.

My Dish and Ooma Telo works okay, so it has to be something in your setup, probably on the Ooma server end. But If you can't reach Ooma by phone, send them an E-mail.
#85094 by mz37lw
Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:36 am
I noticed that the Name Unavailable appears once the call is forwarded to voice mail whether I send it after two rings or when it naturally rolls to voice mail.
What should I check on my configuration that might be different than yours? Also, what receiver are you using? Most of the folks reporting this are using the ViP series.
#85099 by thunderbird
Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:10 pm
mz37lw wrote:I noticed that the Name Unavailable appears once the call is forwarded to voice mail whether I send it after two rings or when it naturally rolls to voice mail.
What should I check on my configuration that might be different than yours? Also, what receiver are you using? Most of the folks reporting this are using the ViP series.

More than likely the problem isn't with Dish, it's with Ooma, and on the Ooma server side. The way to prove this is to disconnect the Dish box from the phone cord and Internet cable. Then place calls from your cell phone or have some one place calls to your Ooma home number, and see if Name Unavaliable appears in your My Ooma phone log pages.

~!q

#85100 by mz37lw
Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:33 pm
This only appears on the Dish System; not in the Ooma call logs. But, I do agree it appears to be an Ooma issue.