Caller ID & Phone number = NODID

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
DaleWyckoff

Caller ID & Phone number = NODID

Post by DaleWyckoff » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:57 pm

Hi all,

I'm getting calls from some party with both the phone number and caller id of NODID. I have no idea what on earth this is, Google search tells me it's probably some scam. Okay, my problem is without a real phone number I can't set up a rule to block the inbound call.

Does anybody know some way I could block this caller?

Dale

thunderbird

Re: Caller ID & Phone number = NODID

Post by thunderbird » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:33 pm

DaleWyckoff wrote:Hi all,

I'm getting calls from some party with both the phone number and caller id of NODID. I have no idea what on earth this is, Google search tells me it's probably some scam. Okay, my problem is without a real phone number I can't set up a rule to block the inbound call.

Does anybody know some way I could block this caller?

Dale
Go into My Ooma - Home - Call Logs - and see if you can see the phone number. The phone number usually will show up there, probably with out a name.

DaleWyckoff

Post by DaleWyckoff » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:23 am

That was the first thing I did. Nope, no phone. Where a phone number would be is NODID. Trying to set up a block on that the system gives me an error message. "Invalid number format"
Attachments
Blacklist item error.jpg
Blacklist item error.jpg (26.27 KiB) Viewed 20148 times

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:26 am

DaleWyckoff:
There's a company that claims for a fee per month they will find Out Who Is Private-Calling You. I only found this by searching the Internet so beware.

http://www.trapcall.com/signup

The following site has a strategy that might work.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5766989_out-pri ... lling.html