Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#84359 by WGAS
Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:12 pm
Goal is to assign a desktop / conference phone in a home office to a second line (premier). There is a dedicated 2nd line through a Premier subscription. I want clients to see the 2nd line as my outgoing caller ID.

I do not want to use a Telo Handset in the home office, or use multiple Telo handsets to cover the house on the "home" line.

Maybe missing something but I haven't figure this out. Right now, I change the outgoing number under "Privacy" to switch between outgoing caller IDs, but am tired of doing this manually.

Thanks,
#84360 by murphy
Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:17 pm
Precede your call with **1 to use the caller ID of the second number.
#84361 by WGAS
Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:25 pm
Interestingly - that does not seem to work correctly. Any idea whether GoogleVoice extension messes that up? Do use the extension & it seems that setting the privacy setting is the only reliable approach.
#84362 by murphy
Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:48 pm
If you have tied your second number to GVE, it is not to be used as a normal phone number. It's sole purpose is to communicate with Google. If you need two numbers and also want to use GVE you need a third number at $4.99 per month.