Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#84547 by bluetang
Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:39 pm
Checking the graph I do get some red spikes but none that are off the page. I have time warner cable for my ISP and in my area they are the *only* broadband option so there isn't much I can do about it. Before I had Ooma I had the TW cable voip phone with no problems whatsoever.

Ooma has been questionable but not so bad as to cancel the service (dropped calls and silent pauses included) but in the last month or so it has changed to a strange robotic voice distortion on the incoming voice. It is so bad that I cannot understand the other person yet they hear me fine. This was never a problem before but now it is a daily issue and my wife is champing at the bit to get rid of "that phone (meaning ooma)."

I realize that my initial problem was that ooma was wrecking my connection but that seems to have stopped while the voice distortion is worse than ever.
#84551 by thunderbird
Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:25 pm
bluetang wrote:Checking the graph I do get some red spikes but none that are off the page. I have time warner cable for my ISP and in my area they are the *only* broadband option so there isn't much I can do about it. Before I had Ooma I had the TW cable voip phone with no problems whatsoever.

Ooma has been questionable but not so bad as to cancel the service (dropped calls and silent pauses included) but in the last month or so it has changed to a strange robotic voice distortion on the incoming voice. It is so bad that I cannot understand the other person yet they hear me fine. This was never a problem before but now it is a daily issue and my wife is champing at the bit to get rid of "that phone (meaning ooma)."

I realize that my initial problem was that ooma was wrecking my connection but that seems to have stopped while the voice distortion is worse than ever.

Send Ooma moderator Dennis P. a personal message about the robotic voice distortion.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=59