Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#84295 by resq43
Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:12 pm
We just had our scout stop working yesterday AM after a big storm. Everything else seems to be working fine...but everything else was behind a power strip...this might be my issue. The lights on the scout light up but the bottom 4 lights stay on as does the red tab.
When I connect it to the Hub VIA wall to wall connections it seems to work fine, lights go off and tab turns blue. If I then put a phone on the scout I get a very static and distant dial tone...but the phone off of the Hub is fine. I have tired shutting everything down and powering up one by one and moving the scout around the house but no luck so far.
All has worked well for a few years now till yesterday.
Any Suggestions?

set up in basement:
Comcast cable router
Hub
Router

1 Scout on 1 st floor
#84673 by thunderbird
Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:04 pm
resq43 wrote:We just had our scout stop working yesterday AM after a big storm. Everything else seems to be working fine...but everything else was behind a power strip...this might be my issue. The lights on the scout light up but the bottom 4 lights stay on as does the red tab.
When I connect it to the Hub VIA wall to wall connections it seems to work fine, lights go off and tab turns blue. If I then put a phone on the scout I get a very static and distant dial tone...but the phone off of the Hub is fine. I have tired shutting everything down and powering up one by one and moving the scout around the house but no luck so far.
All has worked well for a few years now till yesterday.
Any Suggestions?

set up in basement:
Comcast cable router
Hub
Router

1 Scout on 1 st floor

See these threads:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8124&hilit=factory+Reset+Scout
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4557&p=32600&hilit=factory+Reset+Scout#p32600
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2704

Did you do the factory reset for the Hub, then the Scout:

Hub and/or Scout factory reset sequence:

1) Remove the power for the Ooma device.
2) Hold down the Ooma tab [blue light] and connect the power. Hold for 30 seconds until all the lights start flashing.

Once the lights stop flashing, release the Ooma tab and the device will reset to factory settings.

I noticed that some people say they have to do the reset several times in a row before they have success.