Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#84243 by alanams
Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:16 pm
Hello, I have my Ooma Telo for 15 months. Last week, it froze, and all I see are the numbers 1 and 2 lit in blue. I tried the recommended approach of connecting a network cable between Ooma's home network jack and PC, and used dhcp protocol to link to setup.ooma.com and 172.27.35.1. I cannot communicate with Ooma. The jacks do show green lights and blinking amber when connected.

I'm very disappointed that I paid $249 for the Telo unit, and the monthly $10 fee to Ooma for Premier service, and I received no useful feedback from technical support. Since I can't afford to buy another Ooma unit right now, Magic Jack is the only reasonably priced alternative.

If anyone has any experience with a repair service, or special technique, please help. Many thanks. Alan
#84245 by thunderbird
Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:55 pm
alanams wrote:Hello, I have my Ooma Telo for 15 months. Last week, it froze, and all I see are the numbers 1 and 2 lit in blue. I tried the recommended approach of connecting a network cable between Ooma's home network jack and PC, and used dhcp protocol to link to setup.ooma.com and 172.27.35.1. I cannot communicate with Ooma. The jacks do show green lights and blinking amber when connected.

I'm very disappointed that I paid $249 for the Telo unit, and the monthly $10 fee to Ooma for Premier service, and I received no useful feedback from technical support. Since I can't afford to buy another Ooma unit right now, Magic Jack is the only reasonably priced alternative.

If anyone has any experience with a repair service, or special technique, please help. Many thanks. Alan

With a computer connected from the Ooma Telo Home port with a network cable, to the computer's wired LAN port, with Wi-Fi temporarily turned off in the computer, and after you let the Ooma Telo boot as far as it would go, did the Ooma Setup pages open when you typed http://172.27.35.1 in your computer's browser window?
#84246 by alanams
Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:41 am
Thank you for your reply.

I followed those instructions before, and the browser indicated that it could not establish a connection to the address.
#84247 by murphy
Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:56 am
alanams wrote:Hello, I have my Ooma Telo for 15 months. Last week, it froze, and all I see are the numbers 1 and 2 lit in blue. I tried the recommended approach of connecting a network cable between Ooma's home network jack and PC, and used dhcp protocol to link to setup.ooma.com and 172.27.35.1. I cannot communicate with Ooma. The jacks do show green lights and blinking amber when connected.

1 and 2 on means that it can't connect to the Ooma servers.
Go to your my.ooma account and verify that your credit card hasn't expired. If you get a renewed credit card and don't give Ooma the new expiration date your service will stop on the original credit card expiration date.
#84283 by alanams
Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:13 am
Thank you for the information,

The folks at Ooma customer service turned out to be very helpful, and are providing an attractive offer for a replacement Telo handset.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Regards,

Alan