Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#6218 by rwood01
Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:58 am
I've been using the ooma for several months with no problems. I recently bought an Ipod touch and linked it up to my home wireless network. It shows that its connected and has full signal strength, but it doesn't connect to the internet. Last night I was sitting near the ooma box while trying to access the internet on the ipod when I heard the faint click sound from the ooma that signals it has lost connection. I looked and confirmed that the tab had turned red and ooma was off line. Then I noticed that my ipod was now surfing the net with no problem! So I enjoyed it while I could until I heard the click of the ooma and the tab was blue again, back online, and the surfing on the ipod had ended. It seems that they just cant get along and will not function at the same time. Has anybody seen anything similar? Any suggestions?
#6220 by WayneDsr
Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:56 am
Possibly your touch and ooma are sharing the same ip address. Check your Touch and ooma to see what ip they are using. Also check your router.

Wayne
#6247 by rwood01
Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:09 pm
Unfortunately I'm at work and can't check the configuration of my ooma now. I remember I set it up just as instructed in the ooma manual. If I remember correctly it runs from the router to the ooma, then to my pc from the ooma. How do I check what IP my ooma is on?