Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#84226 by dmel
Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:35 am
I have a Telo hooked up as Ooma recommends -- Modem - Ooma - Router. Starting yesterday, incoming callers only receive a busy signal. It has worked fine for over a year. I have followed the recommendations at:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10913&p=82395&hilit=busy+signal#p82395
but it still does not work. Please help. I've recommended Ooma to so many friends, so it's embarrassing when it's not working! Thanks.
#84229 by thunderbird
Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:58 am
dmel wrote:I have a Telo hooked up as Ooma recommends -- Modem - Ooma - Router. Starting yesterday, incoming callers only receive a busy signal. It has worked fine for over a year. I have followed the recommendations at:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10913&p=82395&hilit=busy+signal#p82395
but it still does not work. Please help. I've recommended Ooma to so many friends, so it's embarrassing when it's not working! Thanks.

Power off the Ooma device for fifteen minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test.

If that doesn't work, access Ooma Setup by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window.
The Ooma Setup pages opens. Next click on Status. You should see the following:

Device Status
Network
TO INTERNET port: .....................................................Connected: [ xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ]
HOME NETWORK port: ..................................................Connected: [ 172.27.35.1 ]
OOMA Tunnel: ...........................................................Connected

If the Ooma Tunnel doesn't show connected, there is a problem on the Ooma Side and you need to
contact Ooma Customer Support to have corrections made.

Most likely even if the Ooma Tunnel shows connected, it is still an Ooma problem and you still have to contact Ooma.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST