Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#84045 by ultraviolet353
Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:59 pm
Hello-

I just purchased an Ooma Telo unit from Costco. Everything is up and running,and I am surprised how good the quality and ease of use is--I am already planning to port my number and leave ATT!

My one concern is the unit is quite warm 24/7. I have played with the light settings and even turned all the lights off, and yet it is still quite warm to the touch.

Is this normal?--do they all run warm, or perhaps do I have a unit that is already exhibiting warning signs? I can always take it back to Costco and replace it, but if all of the units get warm, then I won't. I did contact Ooma support and they gave a confusing answer saying it was normal but it also could be a warning sign.

Anyway, I figured I'd check the forums--does the Ooma Telo get warm normally or is this something I should replace?
#84050 by Lakeo
Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:43 pm
Just checked mine, and the only place I feel any warmth, and it's very little, is in the area of the label on the bottom. I think you may have a clinker.

lakeo
#84052 by ultraviolet353
Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:52 pm
yeah, my Telo is warm all over--even when all the light are out--also the ac adapter plug is seated perfectly tight.

I think I may just take it back and get another one. I have a feeling there may be something not quite right with mine--especially since there isn't one post topics about warm/very warm Telos. There is one post for a "warm" Hub, but nothing I saw about warm Telos.
#84053 by thunderbird
Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:11 pm
ultraviolet353:
A normal Ooma Telo don't run warm. There will be a slightly warm area at the right side where the lights are.

You are wise to exhange the unit for a serviceable Ooma Telo.

You might call Ooma Customer service and find out what the procedure is to deactive and activate the replacement Ooma Telo, on The Ooma side.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST