Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#83961 by CodeMasterG
Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:39 am
Hey Folks -

If you own an Ooma, you're smart. Frugal. Maybe cheap? About a year ago I took at look at my monthly bills versus what I was getting for the money:

- Satellite: $65
- Verizon telephone + internet: $79
= $144 / mon

I was pretty much paying for services that I hardly benefited from; most of the TV channels had content that did not interest me and phone line was used more by telemarketers to call me.

What I did:
- Dropped satellite subscription and put up a TV antenna. Yup, just the like the old days. I get 27 channels, most HD and none of it compressed, quality is fantastic. Great for local news and major network content. One time cost: $50 for antenna plus $120 for high quality amplifier.
- Got a Netflix subscription (my TV has built in Netflix and other apps), $10 / mon. Love it - I watch what I want, when I want.
- Dropped Verizon and got Comcast internet ($20 / mon as an introductory offer, $40 after first six months)
- Got an Ooma Telo with Premier service $14 / mon (includes state taxes). Ooma telo purchased at Costco for $179.

= $64 / month

Monthly savings = $144 - $64 = $80.

Number of Months For Return On Investments:
$170 (antenna) + $179 (Telo) = $349 / $80 mon (savings) = 4.3 months

Yeah, I'm cheap, but isn't that why we are all Ooma product owners in the first place! :D
#83974 by Hollywood
Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:13 am
[quote="CodeMasterG"
- Got a Netflix subscription (my TV has built in Netflix and other apps), $10 / mon. Love it - I watch what I want, when I want.
[/quote]

and NO COMMERCIALS!