Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#83922 by bmccollum
Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:46 am
I've been generally satisfied with our Ooma Telo over the past year, but I must admit, if we actually used our home phones more than we use our cell phones, I would've prob. returned it a long time ago. The only issue I continuously have with our phone service through Ooma is the awful voice latency / delay we experience. Takes way longer than a cell phone conversation for what you're saying to actually be heard by the individual on the other end, resulting in obvious strange conversation nuances and many instances of both parties involved in the conversation "talking on top" of one another since each party doesn't know that the individual on the other side of the conversation has begun speaking.

I've tried numerous recommended adjustments to various settings on the Ooma within the browser-based control panel for the Ooma Telo. Nothing at all has helped this situation. The voice latency remains pretty atrocious.

We have high speed cable Internet.

Anyway, I'm considering getting the highly-touted Obi110 device for $49.99 via Amazon.com to see if the voice latency issue is less of an issue than what we consistently experience with our Ooma Telo.

Anyone out there know first-hand how this would work if we had both the Ooma Telo and the Obi110 devices connected to our home network? If I maintained the Ooma service but actually physically disconnected the Ooma Telo from our network and just had the Obi110 device connected, would we still receive incoming phone calls through the telephone # associated with the Ooma Service via the Obi110? I just want to make sure I'm perfectly clear on how this would work before I actually order an Obi110 to try.

Thanks for any detailed info. anyone can provide.
#83923 by lbmofo
Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:18 am
Telo and other devices would be completely independent. If you get another device, just plug into the router and your'e done.
#83927 by southsound
Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:49 am
bmccollum wrote:If I maintained the Ooma service but actually physically disconnected the Ooma Telo from our network and just had the Obi110 device connected, would we still receive incoming phone calls through the telephone # associated with the Ooma Service via the Obi110? I just want to make sure I'm perfectly clear on how this would work before I actually order an Obi110 to try.

This would work only if you gave your GV number as your forward number on network outage - which requires Premier. You will need people to call you on your GV number if you want to use your Obi110 to receive it.

(Note here - I don't have an Obi110 so I am not sure if it does incoming. Maybe a user can chime in.)
#87016 by bukzin
Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:14 pm
Not sure where, but I have seen threads talking about combining Ooma with Obihai.

I think they were plugging the output of one unit into the input of the other.

Sounded interesting.
#97911 by bukzin
Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:01 pm
bukzin wrote:Not sure where, but I have seen threads talking about combining Ooma with Obihai.

Sounded interesting.

So, has anyone played with that set-up or read about it anywhere?
#97912 by lbmofo
Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:13 pm
bukzin wrote:
bukzin wrote:Not sure where, but I have seen threads talking about combining Ooma with Obihai.

Sounded interesting.

So, has anyone played with that set-up or read about it anywhere?

I think that was before you could do GV calls on these. http://youtu.be/k5BwQ0E6fmQ