Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#83868 by lsaling
Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:17 pm
External lines are not working, all lights are blue on the base and I have a dial tone only on the Telo handset.
thank You
Lsaling
#83870 by murphy
Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:29 pm
Did you plug a phone into the Phone port?
There is no dial tone on the wall port, it's only used for landline integration.
#83871 by lsaling
Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:24 pm
Yes I have it in the correct port, I should mention this has been working well but I had a power and cable outage and it took a couple tries for the cable to be restored. but the interesting thing is that the Telo handset works fine.

Lsaling
#83872 by murphy
Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:29 pm
Did this outage involve a lightning strike nearby?
If so, an induced surge could have blown out the Phone port.
#83878 by thunderbird
Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:28 pm
lsaling wrote:Yes I have it in the correct port, I should mention this has been working well but I had a power and cable outage and it took a couple tries for the cable to be restored. but the interesting thing is that the Telo handset works fine.
Lsaling

Try using a different corded phone, which you haven't tried before, connected directly to the Ooma device's Phone port, with nothing else connected, and test.

If it still continues to malfunction, contact Customer Service:

If the Ooma device is still in warranty, Ooma should sent you a replacement shipping prepaid, with a prepaid shipping label for returning the defective Ooma Device.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
Last bumped by lsaling on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:28 pm.