Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#83836 by Harold Shouse
Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:22 pm
I m having problems calling my ooma phone number from my verizon cell phone i can call from ooma to my cell though can any body help me with this i just received my new ooma tella and just got it hooked up this seems to be the only problem im having. I can receve calls from sprint cell phones ok.
#83838 by lbmofo
Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:29 pm
A couple of ways you can solve this.

Call Verizon to complain that you can't reach a working number.

or

Add a 2nd number to see if it works better. If so, call Ooma customer service to tell them you want the 2nd number to be your primary.
#89669 by natedemaster
Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:30 am
This solution is completely unsat. I have the exact same problem, only with Sprint cell phones. No sprint cell phones can call my number, but I can them okay. I am not changing my number, I've had it for years. I can't call sprint, since I'm not a Sprint customer. Ooma needs to do something about this.
#89672 by thunderbird
Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:41 am
natedemaster wrote:This solution is completely unsat. I have the exact same problem, only with Sprint cell phones. No sprint cell phones can call my number, but I can them okay. I am not changing my number, I've had it for years. I can't call sprint, since I'm not a Sprint customer. Ooma needs to do something about this.

Some where your Ooma number is not entered, or is incorrectly entered in a phone company data base.

The two pronged approach.
First get someone that has a Sprint Cell phone to call and tell Sprint that they can't reach a known working number (your Ooma phone number). This approach usually works best.

Second contact Ooma Customer Support. Give them the phone number that is trying to call you, the time and date.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#89683 by WJBertrand
Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:40 pm
Is your caller ID blocked on your cell phone? If so and the community black list or anonymous caller block are activated, maybe your phone is being blocked??
#89685 by lbmofo
Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:14 pm
natedemaster wrote:This solution is completely unsat. I have the exact same problem, only with Sprint cell phones. No sprint cell phones can call my number, but I can them okay. I am not changing my number, I've had it for years. I can't call sprint, since I'm not a Sprint customer. Ooma needs to do something about this.

This original solution was proposed to someone who just got a new number assigned by Ooma. If you ported your number into Ooma from Sprint, definitely, the problem is with Sprint. You can call Sprint yourself to compalin that no Sprint customer can call you now since you ported your number out (Sprint needs to fix this on their end).