Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#83654 by mitchel
Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:35 am
I currently have the Ooma Telo plugged into a phone jack on the wall so all the phones in the house are active (I have a mix of phones currently). I use Ooma to take messages...it's easier to use than a base station message system and I like the email notices. I do not have Premiere.

I want to get a new Dect 6 phone system with at least 4 phones, anyone have a recommendation?

Also...do I have to plug the Dect 6 base station into the Telo or can I still have the Telo connected to the wall?

Will the Dect 6 phone system indicate that I have a message on Ooma? My one older Uniden phone I have is a Dect 6 phone and the handset and base glow orange and the handset light blinks if I do.

Thanks,

Mitch
#83655 by thunderbird
Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:02 am
mitchel wrote:I currently have the Ooma Telo plugged into a phone jack on the wall so all the phones in the house are active (I have a mix of phones currently). I use Ooma to take messages...it's easier to use than a base station message system and I like the email notices. I do not have Premiere.

I want to get a new Dect 6 phone system with at least 4 phones, anyone have a recommendation?

Also...do I have to plug the Dect 6 base station into the Telo or can I still have the Telo connected to the wall?

Will the Dect 6 phone system indicate that I have a message on Ooma? My one older Uniden phone I have is a Dect 6 phone and the handset and base glow orange and the handset light blinks if I do.

Thanks,

Mitch

You can use your DECT 6 phones and still supply dial tone through out your home. If you have to, purchase a phone line splitter.

Most phones will indicate that there is a message on Ooma.

See the following thread for phones:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11875
Last edited by thunderbird on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
#83656 by lbmofo
Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:04 am
Seems like you are distributing your Ooma dialtone throughout the house. If haven't done it yet, verify that your house wiring is disconnected from the phone company at the NIB outside the house.

I'd just walk into Costco and get a DECT 6.0 system. I saw a nice 4 handset system for less than $60 just 2 days ago. Rule of thumb is <$20/handset, not bad. <$15/handset, great!

The voicemail waiting indicator feature (that works with voicemail subscription with landline and other phone services) would work with Ooma; this feature comes with most new phones. When you pick up your DECT 6.0 phone, this feature would be there most likely.

You can use a duplex splitter to plug your DECT 6.0 phone into Ooma as well as feed Ooma dialtone to your wall or you can just plug the DECT 6.0 phone into one of your house walljacks.

For example, if you were using one like this, then you would plug this into the wall where you are currently feeding your Ooma dialtone, use one port to feed the Ooma dialtone, use the other for the DECT 6.0 phone base.