Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#6145 by magma2
Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:47 am
When I purchased Ooma I was informed that I couldn't port my phone number (at least it said I couldn't when I searched my area c/exchange).

We accepted the number supplied by Ooma and informed family and friends of our new number. No big deal.

However, I still want my new number listed (i.e., in the "white pages"). Will my new number be listed, and, if so, how long will that normally take?
#6146 by WayneDsr
Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:33 am
I believe you have to call the white pages and list your number for a fee.

Wayne
#6159 by funone46
Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:34 am
WayneDsr wrote:I believe you have to call the white pages and list your number for a fee.

Wayne

I tried that and was refused
#6163 by number9
Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:15 pm
magma2 wrote:When I purchased Ooma I was informed that I couldn't port my phone number (at least it said I couldn't when I searched my area c/exchange).

We accepted the number supplied by Ooma and informed family and friends of our new number. No big deal.

However, I still want my new number listed (i.e., in the "white pages"). Will my new number be listed, and, if so, how long will that normally take?

Magma2,
Perhaps ooma has a number in your surrounding area that your phone book covers, then you could be listed. My white pages covers several area codes. From what I understand you can choose your ooma number in any area code. You would have to get a new number, again. Just a thought.
#6188 by funone46
Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:10 pm
I thought so too. I was told my carrier had to list it, I as an individual could not.