Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#83251 by greginutah
Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:05 am
So I used to subscribe to the premier plan and anytime someone would leave me a voice mail message I would receive a notification in my email with a audio file of the message attached.

After dropping the premier plan I still get a notification email messages, though without an audio file attached.

But now I have changed my email address and have updated it on Ooma's website. Someone else is now using my old email address and they keep receiving notifications every time someone leaves me a voice mail message. The message does not include the audio file with contents of the actual message, but it does include the phone number of the caller.

The person that is using my old email address does not want to keep getting the notifications and I don't want them knowing the phone number of everyone that leaves me a message.

So far Ooma's support has replied to simply say that my email address showing on my account is correct (my new address) and has not fixed the problem.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you get it resolved?
#83257 by murphy
Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:56 am
There are at least three separate places in my.ooma where you can enter an email address. Have you changed all of them?
#83260 by greginutah
Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:14 am
I changed it everywhere I have access to. I suspect there were additional places available for me to enter/change my address when I had premier service. Now that I don't have premier service, I may not be able to access all the places I used to be able to, though the old address may still be recorded there, and still be used for voice mail notifications.

I only get notifications now with the number that called and left a message. There is not an audio file attached like there was when I had premier service. I was actually surprised to receive any notification at all after dropping premier service...

Anyway, I suggested to Ooma support that they temporarily re-enable premier service, check to see if there is anywhere else to change my address and if so, change it, and then disable premier service again.

I'm waiting to hear back from them again.
#83263 by lbmofo
Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:06 am
greginutah wrote:I was actually surprised to receive any notification at all after dropping premier service...

With Core base service, you get this notification.