Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#83119 by texascowboy
Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:00 pm
I purchased $10 of international minutes to call Bangladesh. I could not reach any one of the three numbers that I called (2 land lines and 1 cell phone) for about 45 minutes, with no avail. The system deducted about $1.04 from my prepaid balance. Anyway, I reached Bangladesh by using another service. I sent Ooma an E-mail asking for a refund because their service to Bangladesh does not work. They replied that prepaid amounts are not refundable. I called customer support and talked to three different people for almost an hour. They told me that they cannot refund the prepaid balance. What they did was refund the charges that were deducted from my prepaid balance. However, they refused to refund the amount purchased. The prepaid balance is useless because I cannot make any calls. This is really wrong to charge for something that one cannot deliver.
#83126 by thunderbird
Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:51 pm
texascowboy wrote:I purchased $10 of international minutes to call Bangladesh. I could not reach any one of the three numbers that I called (2 land lines and 1 cell phone) for about 45 minutes, with no avail. The system deducted about $1.04 from my prepaid balance. Anyway, I reached Bangladesh by using another service. I sent Ooma an E-mail asking for a refund because their service to Bangladesh does not work. They replied that prepaid amounts are not refundable. I called customer support and talked to three different people for almost an hour. They told me that they cannot refund the prepaid balance. What they did was refund the charges that were deducted from my prepaid balance. However, they refused to refund the amount purchased. The prepaid balance is useless because I cannot make any calls. This is really wrong to charge for something that one cannot deliver.

My wife calls China all of the time without any problems at all. But it wasn't always that way. When I first started with Ooma, I had to make some adjustments to my home LAN and the Ooma device, and work with Ooma to iron out the problems.

Another approch would be to try to find out why your Ooma calls won't go through to Bangladesh.

If you want to do this, post your Ooma setup. Are you connected Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma?

Are you using an Ooma Telo?

What kind of Internet service do you have, cable, DSL, etc.?

Can you call, using Ooma, in the USA without any problems?

You could run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ to see how your modem and Internet connection is doing, click on the Advance tab on the lower left and post the following here in this forum thread:
Download Speed: ________________
Upload Seed: ________________
Download Consistency of Service ________
Upload Consistency of Service _________
Maximum TCP Delay _____________
Jitter you server __________
Jitter server you _________
Packet loss: you server_______
Packet loss: server you ______
Packet discards _________
Packets out of order _________
Estimated MOS score ________
#83199 by Probashi
Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:18 am
I have the same problem dialing Bangladesh as well. I contacted ooma support few times about this issue but no help from them. Matter of fact i found ooma customer service has become pretty rude lately. They were supposed to call me back to resolve this issue (2 times) but they never did. I brought 5 other people with me to ooma and no one can make calls to Bangladesh.
Not feeling that good about ooma anymore. I have been using phone card to make calls and the calls quality is crystal clear.