Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#82942 by rrieske
Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:48 am
My Telo stopped working about a week ago. Tried to reset with no luck. Current configuration is Modem>Telo>router although I have also tried Modem>Router>Telo. Unit comes on with 1 and 2 lights then "runway" lights for a brief period followed by 1 and 2 lights again and top lights flashing continually and busy signal on phone. Lights on the back of the unit (green and amber) are all working although I have no internet connection with this setup. Taking Telo out of the configuration restores internet access. Any ideas?

Also contacted Ooma support and waiting for reply.
#82946 by thunderbird
Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:49 pm
rrieske wrote:My Telo stopped working about a week ago. Tried to reset with no luck. Current configuration is Modem>Telo>router although I have also tried Modem>Router>Telo. Unit comes on with 1 and 2 lights then "runway" lights for a brief period followed by 1 and 2 lights again and top lights flashing continually and busy signal on phone. Lights on the back of the unit (green and amber) are all working although I have no internet connection with this setup. Taking Telo out of the configuration restores internet access. Any ideas?

Also contacted Ooma support and waiting for reply.

With Ooma Telo connection modem-Ooma-router, allow you Ooma Telo to boot up as far as it will go.

Then try accessing Ooma Setup by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages should open. Click on Internet and go to Internet Settings. Make sure Connection type: is set to Automatic.

Next go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and select Use Built In. Click on Update Device.

Remove power from you Modem, Ooma Telo and Router. Repower you Modem first. When the Modem is done booting up, repower the Ooma Telo. When the Ooma Telo done booting up, repower the router.

If that doesn't work, but you can access the Ooma Setup pages, click on Status in the left side of page.
Go to Device Status - Network and see if you see an IP address behind TP INTERNET port: and see the Ooma tunnel: shown as Connected.
Device Status
Network
TO INTERNET port: Connected: [ xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ]
OOMA Tunnel: Connected
#82950 by rrieske
Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:16 pm
Was not able to access setup page following above instructions. Can connect to the setup page if I plug in straight to the Telo from my laptop and made the above changes and then reconnected to network with no luck. Tried to access setup page again in modem>telo>router configuration with no luck.
#82953 by thunderbird
Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:34 pm
rrieske wrote:Was not able to access setup page following above instructions. Can connect to the setup page if I plug in straight to the Telo from my laptop and made the above changes and then reconnected to network with no luck. Tried to access setup page again in modem>telo>router configuration with no luck.

When the Ooma Telo is connected to the modem and is booted as far as it will go,
go back into Ooma Setup and view the Status page. See if an IP address was issued for and shows:
TO INTERNET port: ......................Connected: [ xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ]

Post information in this thread.
#82956 by rrieske
Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:52 pm
Just to be clear. I cannot connect to the setup page when in the modem>Telo>router connection. I let the telo load as far as it would go in this config. and then connected to the Telo via the Home Network cable. On the status page it shows disconnected on the To Internet port.
#82957 by thunderbird
Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:13 pm
rrieske wrote:Just to be clear. I cannot connect to the setup page when in the modem>Telo>router connection. I let the telo load as far as it would go in this config. and then connected to the Telo via the Home Network cable. On the status page it shows disconnected on the To Internet port.

Your Ooma Telo isn't loading an IP address.

Try connecting a network cable from the Ooma Telo Internet port to one of your router LAN Ports. Go into Ooma Setup and click on Internet. At Connection Type: click the down arrow and select Dynamic (DHCP). Click on Update Device. Reboot the router, when the router is done booting, reboot the Ooma Device.

If that doesn't do it, call Ooma Customer Service:

If you are within the one year warranty period, they will send you (after some hassle) a prepaid mailed replacement Ooma Telo, along with a prepaid mailing label for sending the defective Ooma Telo back.

If you are out of the warranty period, some times the credit card that you used may warrant the purchased item for up to two years.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#82968 by rrieske
Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:10 pm
Was not working at first but after a few moment the red flashing Ooma light came on and then turned blue! Telo is now working! Thanks for your help!
#82971 by thunderbird
Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:38 pm
rrieske wrote:Was not working at first but after a few moment the red flashing Ooma light came on and then turned blue! Telo is now working! Thanks for your help!

Great!

Selecting Dynamic (DHCP) in Ooma Setup forces an IP connection. If you decide to connect modem-Ooma-router, you may have to reset the Connection Type setting to Automatic. (I'd try it with Dynamic (DHCP) first though).

But if it were me, I'd leave it connected modem-router-Ooma. I use this setup in our home and it works very well.

Just a few people have Quality of Service problems connecting that way, but there are setting corrections that will correct those problems.