Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#82643 by mattar12
Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:15 pm
I'm having trouble getting my fax machine to work correctly.

This is how it is currently set up:

I have a telo & 2 handsets. Each handset is set up as a personal device with its own phone number, the telo is also set up as a personal device with its own number assigned to it.

My fax machine is on a dedicated line. It's a Sharp UX-B800SE Broandband/phone fax machine. It connects to both telephone and LAN. When I receive a fax, it emails it to me.

The fax machine is plugged in directly to the Telo and directly to my hub (hub is installed after the telo). I have the port that the fax is plugged into assigned a higher priority than the other 3 ports, but I havent set any other QoS settings.

The problem is, I can't send or receive faxes!

I have fax mode enabled, & dialing *99 doesn't change anything.

Currently, using my fax machine I can scan and email. so I know that the problem is not with the emailing functionality.

But when I try to fax, it dials the number, connects (it even displays the name of the machine it connects to), scans the document, and then I get a line error. I do not have a landline. I upped the qos in the telo to the maximum our internet is capable of.

I can't find a setting in my machine to decrease the baud rate. But I have disabled ECM.

Any other thoughts!?!?
#83006 by mattar12
Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:01 pm
Ooma replied and told me, if I did everything on ooma.com/fax and it still doesn't work... basically, it isn't going to work. I'm just hoping they develop a way for it to work, but I think it has something to do with my internet speed.