Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#82277 by davidandamyh
Thu May 26, 2011 9:38 am
Lately when I get a call while I'm on another call the number will show up and cause a beep to let me know I have another call. However if I don't pick up this second call right away The OOMA Telo box will lock up and I hearing this stuttering tone. I then have to reboot the OOMA Telo box and I loose both calls. The band aid fix I use to prevent OOMA from locking up is to select the multi-ring option under call forwarding ringing my cell at the same time. That way when the second call with call waiting comes in I can answer it quickly with my cell and prevent the OOMA Telo from crashing. Any suggestions? I have to tell you you really have to be a nerd to keep this phone system propped up as these kind of issues arise unlike my old reliable Comcast. What I don't miss is the Comcast bill. Having said that I will say OOMA is getting better. Glad we have these forums as a support group to help each other through the OOMA obstacles.
#82282 by thunderbird
Thu May 26, 2011 10:43 am
davidandamyh wrote:Lately when I get a call while I'm on another call the number will show up and cause a beep to let me know I have another call. However if I don't pick up this second call right away The OOMA Telo box will lock up and I hearing this stuttering tone. I then have to reboot the OOMA Telo box and I loose both calls. The band aid fix I use to prevent OOMA from locking up is to select the multi-ring option under call forwarding ringing my cell at the same time. That way when the second call with call waiting comes in I can answer it quickly with my cell and prevent the OOMA Telo from crashing. Any suggestions? I have to tell you you really have to be a nerd to keep this phone system propped up as these kind of issues arise unlike my old reliable Comcast. What I don't miss is the Comcast bill. Having said that I will say OOMA is getting better. Glad we have these forums as a support group to help each other through the OOMA obstacles.

You could try changing your MAC address from Automatic to Use Built In, in Ooma Setup.
#82289 by lbmofo
Thu May 26, 2011 12:05 pm
davidandamyh, are you using Telo handset(s) or regular phone plugged into the Telo?
#82382 by Cyberchat
Fri May 27, 2011 3:10 pm
I used OOMA to consolidate two telephone numbers into one service plan.

From my experience, to fully utilize both telephone numbers you'll need to have the OOMA handset(s) to manage concurrent calls. For concurrent calls, non-OOMA handsets don't seem to work at all.

For example, without the OOMA handset you will not be able to make two concurrent outgoing calls or concurrently receive two incoming calls even if you have multiple non-OOMA handsets, wired or wireless. Without the OOMA handset you will be able to receive incoming calls for both numbers but not concurrently. Also, one telephone-company-feature, to be able to flash the handset and answer another incoming call and then to be able to switch (flash) back and forth between the two calls, can't be done with non-OOMA handsets. To adjust to this constraint, we just changed our behavior and now allow the second incoming call go to voice mail.

Given the above constraints, I was able utilize my existing telephone handsets, wired and wireless, in conjunction with the OOMA handset without any other problems. Voice quality is very good and some of the OOMA features (like multi-ring) are really convenient and weren't available in our prior service.

(Note: If another User or OOMA moderator knows a workaround for the above non-OOMA handset contraints, please let me and other Users know the workarounds)

OOMA's technical support was very responsive when I had a few questions about consolidating two telephone numbers into one OOMA service plan. The OOMA service is operating without any problems.
#82392 by oldanbo
Fri May 27, 2011 6:06 pm
thunderbird wrote:
davidandamyh wrote:Lately when I get a call while I'm on another call the number will show up and cause a beep to let me know I have another call. However if I don't pick up this second call right away The OOMA Telo box will lock up and I hearing this stuttering tone. I then have to reboot the OOMA Telo box and I loose both calls. The band aid fix I use to prevent OOMA from locking up is to select the multi-ring option under call forwarding ringing my cell at the same time. That way when the second call with call waiting comes in I can answer it quickly with my cell and prevent the OOMA Telo from crashing. Any suggestions? I have to tell you you really have to be a nerd to keep this phone system propped up as these kind of issues arise unlike my old reliable Comcast. What I don't miss is the Comcast bill. Having said that I will say OOMA is getting better. Glad we have these forums as a support group to help each other through the OOMA obstacles.

You could try changing your MAC address from Automatic to Use Built In, in Ooma Setup.

I don't know what the correct answer is, but, I do know that changing to built in won't help. At least it didn't in my case and I've had a Telo since way back.

Having said that, I still think your suggestion is a good one.
Cheers
#82396 by thunderbird
Fri May 27, 2011 11:00 pm

Another thing you can do:
How is your Ooma setup, Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma?
If your Ooma device is connected to one of your Router LAN ports, reserve a static IP address in your router for the Ooma device, and test.