Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#82232 by alanrf
Wed May 25, 2011 7:24 pm
I have my Telo connected behind my router. I was just reviewing the connection log from my router showing the connections made by devices on my system.

The log shows rather unsurprisingly that most connections made by the Ooma Telo are to servers that contain the domain ooma.com.

However, my Telo is making very regular connections to port 123 of a server who reverse IP lookup gives the name ntp1.housing.berkeley.edu. Does anyone else see this connection with their Telo or know why a connection to such a server is being attempted?
#82246 by thunderbird
Wed May 25, 2011 10:52 pm
alanrf wrote:I have my Telo connected behind my router. I was just reviewing the connection log from my router showing the connections made by devices on my system.

The log shows rather unsurprisingly that most connections made by the Ooma Telo are to servers that contain the domain ooma.com.

However, my Telo is making very regular connections to port 123 of a server who reverse IP lookup gives the name ntp1.housing.berkeley.edu. Does anyone else see this connection with their Telo or know why a connection to such a server is being attempted?

Nothing like ntp1.housing.berkeley.edu 169.229.70.64 in my router logs. Mine shows other entries like this blocked by the router. Is yours blocked also?
#82248 by alanrf
Thu May 26, 2011 12:52 am
The IP address in my log is 169.229.70.183.

It is not blocked because I have not noticed this connection before. I wonder why the Telo is connecting to this address - I assume that that the Ooma developers have some good reason for their code to behave this way. Perhaps some member of the Ooma team might care to comment.