Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#81934 by gbirchfiel
Mon May 23, 2011 7:09 am
I have a Telo that died 3 weeks after being put into service and contacted customer support who escalated my ticket to Level 2 support.

" Good day! Thank you for contacting Ooma Customer Care!
This email is to inform you that your issue with the Ooma device is now escalated to the Level 2 Technical
Group for further analysis and proper troubleshooting. "

I was informed of this on May 15th and have not received a reply from my repeated attempts to get a status update. Its one thing if you have a problem with a MP3 player but a totally different thing if it is your phone service. I am starting to question whether the warranty on the Ooma device is valid. Is anyone else having similar issues?
#81954 by thunderbird
Mon May 23, 2011 8:43 am
First maybe you should try a two pronged approach to this problem.

First I would E-mail my problem to Ooma Customer Support. Be sure to tell them all of the things you have done to test your Ooma Device.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Second maybe we (The Ooma Forum) can help you get your Ooma Telo going.

Describe what is happening, or not happening to your Ooma Telo.

How is your Ooma connected, Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma?

What lights come on when try to start the Ooma Telo?

Do you get any kind of dial tone?
#82028 by gbirchfiel
Mon May 23, 2011 8:21 pm
Thunderbird - Thanks for your reply. I have done exactly what you suggested, but in reverse. I first came to this form and found out that my problem (stated below) is a hardware failure. Then, I went to Customer Support to find out the steps to take to return the Telo for repair. What I need to get from Ooma is what steps to take to repair or replace my Telo with a working unit. I thought that is what a one year warranty did. I don't understand why they are ignoring me. I have been very patient and just want instruction on how to resolve this issue. Below is the chain from Customer Support:

Me: My Telo stopped working after 3 weeks. The only light that are on are the 1 and the 2 lights. They are solid and are the only lights that come on when I unplug and plug back in. What steps should I take to resolve?

Ooma: List of steps to do to troubleshoot.

Me:
Mico,
I have tried the steps below many times and the result is always the
same. When I plug in the power to the unit, the lights do not sequence,
instead the 1 and 2 light come on immediately and nothing else happens
from that point on. The Phone number for this Ooma unit is 423-782-2059.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Ooma: Good day! Thank you for contacting Ooma Customer Care!
Thank you for responding.
Seems like the device is found to be defective since it does not go the normal boot sequence and immediately goes to buttons 1 & 2. I am about to escalate this issue to the Level 2 Technical group however, I need to know if the shipping address that we have on file is the correct address: My address was here

Then, the last msg from Ooma:
Good day! Thank you for contacting Ooma Customer Care!
This email is to inform you that your issue with the Ooma device is now escalated to the Level 2 Technical Group for further analysis and proper troubleshooting.

Not a word since......
#82036 by thunderbird
Mon May 23, 2011 9:18 pm
gbirchfiel:
I'd E-mail Ooma Customer Support everyday, even if they didn't send an E-mail to you. I'd send the same E-mail over and over until someone listened and took action.

Ooma sends you a replacement Ooma device prepaid, along with a prepaid mailing label to send the defective unit back.

Just keep after Ooma every day.
#82426 by Mr. Mom
Sat May 28, 2011 9:15 pm
So, if only the 1 and 2 lights come and nothing else (no cycling, etc.), that's the sign that it's broken? My unit just stopped working and only the 1 and 2 lights come on. Unfortunately, we've been using ours (though, hardly not at all...mainly to open the front gate when getting a call from the call box) for about 13 months, so I don't think I'll get any warranty support, although, it sounds like I may have a hard time getting any, anyway.
#82427 by thunderbird
Sat May 28, 2011 10:30 pm
Mr. Mom wrote:So, if only the 1 and 2 lights come and nothing else (no cycling, etc.), that's the sign that it's broken? My unit just stopped working and only the 1 and 2 lights come on. Unfortunately, we've been using ours (though, hardly not at all...mainly to open the front gate when getting a call from the call box) for about 13 months, so I don't think I'll get any warranty support, although, it sounds like I may have a hard time getting any, anyway.

Sometimes when it's close, you can extend your warranty for fourty dollars.

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... ZUQ4dms%3D

Then call contact Ooma Customer Support.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST