Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#81485 by OomaUser617
Sun May 15, 2011 1:47 pm
Hi,

I just signed up with Oooma a couple of weeks back. Since I wanted to get Bulk Rates for International calls I spent another $10.

To my dismay I latter discover that I was still being charged the regular rates. I called support and got this explanation:

- At sign up you automatically get enrolled for Premier service, even though you signed for Basic Service.
- Because of the Premier service (that you did not ask for or want) you cannot get Bulk Rates, instead you have to buy the 1000-minute bundle to get the bulk rate (how convoluted is that?).

There are some "Fundamental" issues with this whole process:

1. I never asked for "Premier" service, it was forced on me. And I have to proactively opt out of it, otherwise I will end up paying for it after 2 months
2. No Where, and I repeat "No Where" does the website state that because of the Premier Service you cannot buy Bulk Rates explicitly!

Frankly this forced "Premier Service" at Sign-up with a required "Active Opt-Out", and the implicit effect on International Bulk Rates comes across as a bunch Shenanigans. I hope this is not a sign of things to come. Other than this issue I have been quite satisfied with Ooma.

Thanks,
-SK
#81576 by ajw522
Tue May 17, 2011 2:21 pm
OomaUser617 wrote:Hi,

I just signed up with Oooma a couple of weeks back. Since I wanted to get Bulk Rates for International calls I spent another $10.

To my dismay I latter discover that I was still being charged the regular rates. I called support and got this explanation:

- At sign up you automatically get enrolled for Premier service, even though you signed for Basic Service.
- Because of the Premier service (that you did not ask for or want) you cannot get Bulk Rates, instead you have to buy the 1000-minute bundle to get the bulk rate (how convoluted is that?). The Bulk Rate plan advertised on ooma.com and the 1000-minute bundle w/ Bulk Rates are both $9.99, so there's really no difference in pricing (this shouldn't be a problem). The 1000-minutes are an added bonus for Ooma Premier customers. You should not have to be a Premier subscriber to get the Bulk Rates. You do, however, need to be a Premier subscriber to get the 1000-minute bonus.

There are some "Fundamental" issues with this whole process:

1. I never asked for "Premier" service, it was forced on me. And I have to proactively opt out of it, otherwise I will end up paying for it after 2 months Once you opt out of Premier, they won't re-enter you into Premier unless you subscribe to it. If you cancel Premier, everything that came with Premier should be canceled as well.
2. No Where, and I repeat "No Where" does the website state that because of the Premier Service you cannot buy Bulk Rates explicitly! That's true. If Ooma Support is telling you this, contact a forum moderator here. I'm sure they will help out.

Frankly this forced "Premier Service" at Sign-up with a required "Active Opt-Out", and the implicit effect on International Bulk Rates comes across as a bunch Shenanigans. I hope this is not a sign of things to come. Other than this issue I have been quite satisfied with Ooma.

Thanks,
-SK

Someone please chime in if I'm incorrect about any of this. Thanks

Alex
#81578 by lbmofo
Tue May 17, 2011 2:42 pm
OomaUser617, during the Premier trial, you only have 2 options to choose from as far as international bundles. The 500 or 1000 min. 1000 min comes with bulk rate as well as included minutes.

If you opt out of Premier, when the trial ends, you'd be reverted to 1000 basic which doesn't include bulk rate so you'd have to arrange a changeover to basic bulk rate when trial ends.

viewtopic.php?t=9033#p65466