Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#81306 by callchaser
Fri May 13, 2011 7:08 am
I call one number 95 percent of the time. Unfortunately that is the number that has been a problem for months. I had no problems dialing the number when I activated service. After a month the problems began when I dialed the number and the call didn't go through. There was dead silence and no rings. After several weeks, the call would ring and go through. but only after a 30 second delay. CS suggested dialing delay codes prior to the number, but that had did not correct the problem.

Now when I dial the number it begins to ring right away, but no on answers and I am told that the phone on the other end never rings at all.

Supposedly this has been forwarded to engineering several times. I was told someone from engineering would contact me, but I have not received a call. I have read of similar issues in the past. Has anyone found a solution this type of problem?
#81313 by thunderbird
Fri May 13, 2011 8:43 am
callchaser wrote:I call one number 95 percent of the time. Unfortunately that is the number that has been a problem for months. I had no problems dialing the number when I activated service. After a month the problems began when I dialed the number and the call didn't go through. There was dead silence and no rings. After several weeks, the call would ring and go through. but only after a 30 second delay. CS suggested dialing delay codes prior to the number, but that had did not correct the problem.

Now when I dial the number it begins to ring right away, but no on answers and I am told that the phone on the other end never rings at all.

Supposedly this has been forwarded to engineering several times. I was told someone from engineering would contact me, but I have not received a call. I have read of similar issues in the past. Has anyone found a solution this type of problem?

Look at this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11255&p=78485&hilit=can+call+number#p78485

Someone else will probably post some other suggestions.
#81855 by callchaser
Sat May 21, 2011 8:31 pm
I appreciate the suggestions Thunderbird. I tried them, but I haven't been able to resolve the problem. It looks like I'm done.

My Perspective now.
Ooma was big mistake.The suggestion of customer support has been:
1. Reboot the Telo. That was worth a try for the first half dozen reboots, but after 4 months and countless reboots I believe I can effectively say that this is not working.
2. Dial # after the number. Again, after countless executions I think I can say that this has not worked either.

I have been told several times that someone from Engineering would contact me. Never happened. At this point I think there is no Engineering Department and that is something told to people to get them off the phone.
#81856 by thunderbird
Sat May 21, 2011 9:59 pm
callchaser:
Did you have ten digit calling enabled in your My Ooma? If not do so.

Did you try calling the work-around with *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx or *98-xxx-xxx-xxxx or *98-xxx-xxxx for the Ooma Telo?

Or calling with *99-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx or *99-xxx-xxx-xxxx or *99-xxx-xxxx for the Ooma Hub?

A # at the end of number will speed up the dialing. Example *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx#

Remember that a 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx call is still a no charge call when using Ooma.

Usually one of those conbinations will get you through.

Some people have had success with having the person that you can't connect with, call their provider complaining that your phone number can't reach them, and to have the other provider make corrections to their provider data base.
#82545 by callchaser
Tue May 31, 2011 6:29 pm
Thanks for the suggestions and the help. I tried the suggestions with no success. My problem caught the attention of someone in the higher levels of CS and they took the necessary action to correct the issue quickly and I'll continue to use and recommend Ooma. The support at that level was top notch.
#84420 by dfwilcox
Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:49 pm
This is happening to me also. I call a number in the same area code (but long distance) but it rings and rings, and the answering machine never picks up on the other end. However, when I call the number with my cell phone, they pick up. The calls via Ooma never go through despite appearing to ring. This is happening to another long distance call also now. VERY frustrating!
#84426 by thunderbird
Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:01 am
dfwilcox wrote:This is happening to me also. I call a number in the same area code (but long distance) but it rings and rings, and the answering machine never picks up on the other end. However, when I call the number with my cell phone, they pick up. The calls via Ooma never go through despite appearing to ring. This is happening to another long distance call also now. VERY frustrating!

Go to My Ooma - Preferences - System and enable Ten Digit Calling and save.

Did you try all of these combinations?
*98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx or *98-xxx-xxx-xxxx or *98-xxx-xxxx for the Ooma Telo?

Or calling with *99-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx or *99-xxx-xxx-xxxx or *99-xxx-xxxx for the Ooma Hub?

A hash mark # at the end of number will speed up the dialing. Example *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx#

Remember that a 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx call is still a no charge call when using Ooma.

Usually one of those conbinations will get you through.

Did you call Ooma Customer Support and tell them that you can't reach a working number?

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST