Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#81287 by rgehan
Thu May 12, 2011 7:14 pm
I have multiple phones in my house (as most people do). Is OOMA working on all of my phones or just the one plugged directly into the device?
#81290 by ajw522
Thu May 12, 2011 7:33 pm
You can have all the phones in your home work by distributing the Ooma Dial Tone to every phone jack. You do that by simply plugging the PHONE port of the Telo into your Wall Jack, and all jacks will get Ooma service.
#81298 by thunderbird
Fri May 13, 2011 4:08 am
ajw522 wrote:You can have all the phones in your home work by distributing the Ooma Dial Tone to every phone jack. You do that by simply plugging the PHONE port of the Telo into your Wall Jack, and all jacks will get Ooma service.

Two small corrections:
Leave the Ooma device's phone Wall port unused. Use only the Ooma device's Phone port to connect Ooma phone service to your home.
Most important is to disconnect your old phone service wiring comming into your come. If you fail to do this step you may damage your Ooma device.
#81940 by dcastill
Mon May 23, 2011 8:15 am
I had the company Dry loop as that what you mean, or is there something else we need to do.. ALSO The
phones are not ringing that are attached to each wall jack.. I get a dial tone, but I do not hear incoming Rings. Solutions?
(I have an AT an T phone, corded, a panosonic cordless, and another corded SBC phone)

HELP. Want to hear it ring.
#81950 by thunderbird
Mon May 23, 2011 8:33 am
dcastill wrote:I had the company Dry loop as that what you mean, or is there something else we need to do.. ALSO The
phones are not ringing that are attached to each wall jack.. I get a dial tone, but I do not hear incoming Rings. Solutions?
(I have an AT an T phone, corded, a panosonic cordless, and another corded SBC phone)

HELP. Want to hear it ring.

First press the Envelope button on the face of the Ooma Telo until it turns yellow. Then press it again until it turns blue. Than listen for the Ooma dial tone, which is different from a regular, like the AT&T dial tone.
Than test call yourself or have someone else call your Ooma number.

If that doesn't work, test by connecting a corded phone only to the Ooma Phone port, to eliminate any other phone or house wiring loading down the Ooma phone system.

Note: for the step if you need help many others on this forum can give better instructions than me.

When you connected the Ooma phone system to the house phone wiring, did you disconnect the old phone provider phone wires where it comes into the house from the street. If you didn't this will cause this problem and may damage the Ooma phone system.