Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#81261 by jfeezie
Thu May 12, 2011 3:13 pm
How do I do a reset on my telo system to reregister the handsets correctly. I purchased the telo set it up with 2 handsets only to have one become defective on day 3. I replaced that handset at the store and brought home a new handset. Now they are registering as Handset 2 and Handset 3 instead of Handset 1 and Handset 2... How do I reset the system so that I can re register the handsets correctly!?!?!
#81273 by ntoy
Thu May 12, 2011 4:26 pm
Hello,

You can also try:

Please connect a regular phone directly to the "phone" port of your Ooma Telo device.
Dial *#*#191 on the regular phone.
Please make sure that all of your Telo handsets are on while doing this process.
Then re-register all of your Telo handsets.
#81293 by jfeezie
Thu May 12, 2011 8:47 pm
Okay, tried the *#*#191 thing and it made the handsets go into auto registration mode, however upon reregistering them with the pin they still go back to handset2 and handset3.... how do i get them to register as handset 1 and handset 2??? :shock:
#81617 by legh1
Wed May 18, 2011 2:29 pm
I have the same problem. Talked to tech support and found that only way to do that is to factory reset the telo itself. There's no way for us as end users to do that. I don't want to touch my Telo since it's working perfectly. There really should have been an option in our account settings to de-register a handset but I'm guessing it's not as easy as it seems. :|
#81618 by murphy
Wed May 18, 2011 2:41 pm
jfeezie wrote:Okay, tried the *#*#191 thing and it made the handsets go into auto registration mode, however upon reregistering them with the pin they still go back to handset2 and handset3.... how do i get them to register as handset 1 and handset 2??? :shock:

Did you also factory reset the handsets themselves?
Hold the handset red button until it turns off.
Press and hold left soft key (above green key) and the zero key.
Press and release the red key.
Continue holding left soft key and zero key until it goes into auto registration.
Then release both keys.
Turn the handset off.
Repeat with the other handset.
Do the *#*#199 from a phone connected to the phone port on the Telo.
Put the Telo into registration mode.
Turn on one handset and register it.
Put the Telo into registration mode again.
Turn on the second handset and register it.

Did it work? Report your results.