Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#81081 by EA PA
Tue May 10, 2011 3:52 pm
New Premier feature - send 3 SMS or emails or combo on 911 call with custom message. Great idea, love it OOMA - thanks :D

Edit: (Testing will be easy, consequences of testing concerning...?!)

Edit Edit: Not voicemail, SMS corrected :?
Last edited by EA PA on Wed May 11, 2011 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
#81082 by lbmofo
Tue May 10, 2011 4:18 pm
You mean SMS text vs voicemail right? :)

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/223/

How can I test 911 Notifications to make sure they work?

You can test to make sure your 911 notifications are working properly by using your Ooma phone to dial 6-1-1. You will hear a recorded message that tells you that a test call has been placed. You can check your email inbox or your phone to make sure that the notification was sent properly. Double-check that the address included in the notification is up-to-date.

Important: Do not test this feature by dialing 9-1-1, as this will trigger a call to your local emergency dispatch center.
#81083 by EA PA
Tue May 10, 2011 4:30 pm
lbmofo wrote:You mean SMS text vs voicemail right? :)

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/223/

How can I test 911 Notifications to make sure they work?

You can test to make sure your 911 notifications are working properly by using your Ooma phone to dial 6-1-1. You will hear a recorded message that tells you that a test call has been placed. You can check your email inbox or your phone to make sure that the notification was sent properly. Double-check that the address included in the notification is up-to-date.

Important: Do not test this feature by dialing 9-1-1, as this will trigger a call to your local emergency dispatch center.

Yep - sorry - not clear enough... lbmofo - thanks for the link (starting to pick on me like nn5i) - I just got the email notification about the feature, set it up and did not see any other posts. Another feature to chew on, tail wagging.... 6-1-1 here we go - thanks again
#81084 by lbmofo
Tue May 10, 2011 4:46 pm
Pick on you? Never. Yeah, now, I really watch my spelling and grammar but sometimes still mess up LOL
#81089 by nn5i
Tue May 10, 2011 5:20 pm
lbmofo wrote:I really watch my spelling and grammar but sometimes still mess up LOL

I watch it too; it's something I can't turn off, fortunately or unfortunately. But I have to say that I seldom notice yours. You're not like the guy, otherwise intelligent and estimable, who brings me up short by always writing "than" when he means "then", and "of coarse" when he means "of course", which is a real howler. Stops me cold, making him hard to read. But I have come to conclude that English must be a second language for him. His English is better than my Italian and German, except for spelling, and MUCH better than my French and Japanese.

But when did I pick on you, anyway?
#81091 by lbmofo
Tue May 10, 2011 5:28 pm
nn5i wrote:But when did I pick on you, anyway?

Nah, I wouldn't call it picking.....but below post made me more self conscious :)

nn5i wrote:
lbmofo wrote:It is unfortunate but customer service can sometimes and [does] provide misinformation.

True. And when they do, and someone makes a purchase in reliance on that information, it's my belief that the law of agency means Ooma is bound by the statements of its Customer Service representatives, who clearly are agents.
#81094 by EA PA
Tue May 10, 2011 6:13 pm
Just tested 6-1-1. Both email and SMS work great!
#81101 by nn5i
Tue May 10, 2011 8:01 pm
lbmofo wrote:below post made me more self conscious :)

Ah so. Self-consciousness is sometimes a good thing. I hope so, anyway. If not, I'm in trouble.