Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#80957 by KEM
Mon May 09, 2011 6:18 am
Here is a strange one:

I use AT&T wireless "Ringback Tones" (also known as Answer Tones) on my cell phone number. When I or anyone else that I've checked with calls my cell phone number they hear a brief announcement and then music. When I call my cell phone from my home OOMA number I only hear normal ringing, no music.

I've taken this up with AT&T and ultimately reached a very high level technical support person who checked every possible setting, rebroadcast some stuff, and conducted a variety of tests and has assured me that this issue must be related to the OOMA service. He went through a lot of phone tech-speak and basically said it is either a characteristic of the OOMA service or there is something wrong with the way OOMA handles the call and suggested OOMA check their "LRN" (Locator Routing Number).

Can anyone tell me why this might be happening?

Thanks! - KEM
#82377 by KEM
Fri May 27, 2011 1:26 pm
Well, it seems something has changed. I'm guessing on the Ooma side but there has been no communication (no I haven't opened a ticket).

This issue has been partially resolved but not perfectly. Now when I call my cell phone I hear ONE ring then I hear the last part of the message to "Please enjoy the music while..." then the music. So that is an improvement but the initial ring, then switching mid sentence is uncool. I'd like to see it work perfectly.

Anyone from Ooma around that could give me the scoop on this?

Thanks! - KEM