Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#80576 by ajw522
Sun May 01, 2011 7:02 pm
Hi all, haven't been here in a while - it's good to be back! I have a question regarding the Ooma Bluetooth Adapter - I have a seperate line set up with my Telo Handset, and everything is working well with that. However, I'm wondering: is it possible to pair my cell phone with the Ooma Telo Bluetooth Adapter and have the cell phone ring only the Telo Handset, or is it only possible to ring all phones (as it currently does?)

Thanks in advance!

Alex
#80585 by Joele25
Mon May 02, 2011 6:45 am
Hello Alex,

I sent a similar question and the answer will be no, there is nothing in the Generic GUI to specify where or how the ring will come thru to a single phone. The tone is broadcast to all phones connected to the network.

My question was can I configure the Bluetooth device to ring not he 2nd line we have with Ooma instead of the first line for both incoming and outgoing calls. This way when I'm using the cell phone thru Ooma, I don't get the call waiting from the first line and my wife can make calls using the 1st line on both incoming and outgoing. Really, what is the purpose of having a second line if you can take advantage of it completely? That too was answered by saying no its not capable of handling that.

I really wish Ooma would start investing in new technologies and also start adding bells and whistles in the GUI of the Ooma Telo setup screen for its users. It would be very simple to have a check box in the Bluetooth section of the GUI to say "Connect to 2nd Line". Would take a programmer less than 30 minutes to set it up and have it dedicate the Bluetooth device to the 2nd line. Simple and easy fix if you ask me, but what do I know... (I write code for a living) :D

~ Joe
#80859 by lbmofo
Fri May 06, 2011 11:42 pm
Bluetooth would only ring shared devices; not any personal devices.

Let's say you have 3 Telo handsets and a DECT 6 phone system connected to the phone port. You have 1 Telo handset configured as personal device. All phones will ring via bluetooth except for the personal handset.

Even If you configure your Telo as a personal device (ie phones connected to the phone port would become your personal device), your shared devices (non personal device Telo handsets) would ring via Bluetooth.

I haven't tried this but this means if you configure your Telo and all 4 handsets as personal devices (max 5 personal devices) no phones will ring via bluetooth :)
#81216 by ajw522
Thu May 12, 2011 10:12 am
So, if I set my Ooma Telo as a personal device, and set my Ooma Telo Handset as the Shared device (just switch around the telephone numbers - my Ooma Handest is currently a personal device with a different phone #) the Telo Handset would ring with Bluetooth?

Alex
#81253 by ajw522
Thu May 12, 2011 1:48 pm
That would work great, since what I wanted in the first place was to have only my personal Telo Handset ring with bluetooth. Thanks for that, I'll try it tonight!