Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#80519 by bluechalk
Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:59 am
This is really strange. If I press the play button on my hub, it says "Please enter your area code and phone number followed by pound." This is really hard to do from the hub.

If I call my own number from my phone, it works normally: it goes direct to voicemail without requiring me to enter my phone number.

I tried power cycling the hub. That had no effect.
Last edited by bluechalk on Wed May 04, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#80523 by bluechalk
Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:22 pm
I called Ooma support. The friendly woman there said that they did a system upgrade last night and something must have gone awry. The problem has been escalated to Level 2 support. She said that they monitor the forums and will post status here.
#80539 by chiefjim
Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:27 pm
jt25741 wrote:I have the exact same problem from my Hub...just starting today. So it is not just you... Anyone at Ooma..can you please help?

Misery loves company, got the same problem.
#80583 by jt25741
Mon May 02, 2011 6:18 am
bluechalk wrote:I called Ooma support. The friendly woman there said that they did a system upgrade last night and something must have gone awry. The problem has been escalated to Level 2 support. She said that they monitor the forums and will post status here.

strange ....still no status and the problem is still occurring on my end. Did anyone else's issue go away?
#80586 by MsCoulter
Mon May 02, 2011 6:56 am
I have the same problem here for a couple of days now. The only way to get voicemail is to dial your own phone number (no need for # sign) to retrieve it just like the message says. :?
#80587 by jt25741
Mon May 02, 2011 7:18 am
MsCoulter wrote:I have the same problem here for a couple of days now. The only way to get voicemail is to dial your own phone number (no need for # sign) to retrieve it just like the message says. :?

I called support..... they are not very organized....after explaining the problem, the thread and other users..... after 10 minutes...and a call back on my cellphone after rebooting the Hub (something I can do and have done all the time in the past).....they told me they had to escalate...... and finally was told it was a "known issue" and that I will be contacted. I asked what firmware was pushed to my hub...it was nothing ...but a reboot.

So...my call was a bit of a waste of my time.... I know 1st line support is often that way -- but I tried to get to 2nd quickly but couldn't

Hope it gets resolved quickly.