Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#80211 by overzeetop
Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:01 am
After finding out that the QoS settings in DD-WRT wasn't helping my Telo (loss of my voice during large downloads), I put my Telo between my DSL modem (3.0/768) and my router. Then I started having some problems on web page loads (esp Google Maps), and my upload speed seemed exceptionally slow.

Using Speedtest, I recorded 1.6Mb up / 230kb down / 340ms ping times on three consecutive tests. I unplugged the Telo and put my network router directly into the modem, and tried three more times and got 2.7Mb up/640kb down and 48ms ping times. This was in a 5-6 minute period. It also fixed mg Google Map problem I'd been having since I put the router behind the Telo. Is this normal? Is it a known Bug? I searched the forums, but the only issues seem to be with the Hub.
#80212 by thunderbird
Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:34 am
overzeetop wrote:After finding out that the QoS settings in DD-WRT wasn't helping my Telo (loss of my voice during large downloads), I put my Telo between my DSL modem (3.0/768) and my router. Then I started having some problems on web page loads (esp Google Maps), and my upload speed seemed exceptionally slow.

Using Speedtest, I recorded 1.6Mb up / 230kb down / 340ms ping times on three consecutive tests. I unplugged the Telo and put my network router directly into the modem, and tried three more times and got 2.7Mb up/640kb down and 48ms ping times. This was in a 5-6 minute period. It also fixed mg Google Map problem I'd been having since I put the router behind the Telo. Is this normal? Is it a known Bug? I searched the forums, but the only issues seem to be with the Hub.

This should help:
Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and after running a few times, record the average upload and download speeds.
Go into your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer's browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open.
On the left click on Advanced.
Under Quality of Service, set both the Upstream and Downstream Internet speeds to about 80 % of measured download and upload Speed Test speeds. Click on Update each time you make a change. Reboot your Ooma device and test.
Note: 80 percent is just a starting point. You may have to adjust the QoS Internet Speeds up or down to allow best VoIP voice and still maintain bandwidth for you LAN.
#80215 by murphy
Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:45 am
overzeetop wrote:After finding out that the QoS settings in DD-WRT wasn't helping my Telo (loss of my voice during large downloads), I put my Telo between my DSL modem (3.0/768) and my router. Then I started having some problems on web page loads (esp Google Maps), and my upload speed seemed exceptionally slow.

You have your download and upload speeds reversed. Download is always faster than upload.
#80258 by Bobby B
Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:29 pm
Is your Telo sitting right on top of the modem? Do your download speeds improve if you move the Telo away from the modem (you may need a longer Ethernet cable)?