Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#79994 by EA PA
Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:43 pm
Strange. I ran a second time and it changed back to the original...? confused...

Edit: OK I'm not losing my mind :? ... the first time I got in, this site ran a huge test - it took a few minutes and had all kinds of great detail and charts. I went back to the site and it has changed but its running the old test with a slightly different look. There is another link in this site somewhere - Ill find it yet...

Edit again: I give up, must have been bait. I cant find it :x
#80009 by Ely
Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:37 pm
Those are actually good speed tests, lots more details than standard ones I have used till now, thanks for posting.
#80163 by I_Ooma_2
Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:23 am
Hmmm. I had used this test previously (http://speedtest.phonepower.com/) and everything was "green", but it seems that since the test update now I am getting a warning on 'Download consistency of service'. It says it is 36% and that "sound is likely to be broken."

I wonder if this is related to Comcast's speed boost thing? I'm not too concerned about it since I have never (ever) had a broken up conversation in the couple weeks I've had this, but figured I'd see what you all think.

Download speed: 16990 kbps
Upload speed: 4163 kbps
Download consistency of service: 36 %
Upload consistency of service: 94 %
Download test type: socket
Upload test type: socket
Maximum TCP delay: 80 ms
Average download pause: 2 ms
Minimum round trip time to server: 87 ms
Average round trip time to server: 91 ms
Estimated download bandwidth: 24000 kbps
Route concurrency: 1.4125298
Download TCP forced idle: 76 %
Maximum route speed: --

Jitter: you --> server: 2.9 ms
Jitter: server --> you: 3.5 ms
Packet loss: you --> server: 0.0 %
Packet loss: server --> you: 0.0 %
Packet discards: 0.0 %
Packets out of order: 0.0 %
Estimated MOS score: 4.2
#80169 by thunderbird
Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:30 pm
I'm not sure that the new http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ test has all of the bugs worked out yet.

When I use Internet Explorer I get a Download Consistency of Service of around 93 % repeatable
When I use Firefox I get a Download Consistency of Service of around 34 % repeatable

I noticed that all of the text doesn't fit the windows, and can't be seen in my computer.