Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#79977 by eljnlm
Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:22 pm
I know it is possible to have different ring patterns on incoming calls. Is it possible to have an ooma telo handset have a different ring tone for one individual incoming phone number and have the default ring pattern for all other incoming numbers?
#79978 by EA PA
Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:12 pm
I could not figure out a way with 1 single number on OOMA setup page. I set up a second number with different default ring. To keep the same number with different ring tones for a few callers, I bought a set of Dect 6 phones, Uniden and they have this capability built in.
#79983 by tomcat
Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:59 pm
EA PA - you have a telo handset don't you? Does it allow you to assign a ring tone to a specific caller like the Uniden. I think this what the OP is wanting to do with his telo handset.

BTW - The Panasonics also do this.
#79984 by lbmofo
Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:10 pm
tomcat wrote:EA PA - you have a telo handset don't you? Does it allow you to assign a ring tone to a specific caller like the Uniden. I think this what the OP is wanting to do with his telo handset.

Telo handset does not.
#79986 by EA PA
Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:13 pm
tomcat wrote:EA PA - you have a telo handset don't you? Does it allow you to assign a ring tone to a specific caller like the Uniden. I think this what the OP is wanting to do with his telo handset.

BTW - The Panasonics also do this.

Yes I have handset, and no I cannot find this option. I just went over every menu item and I cannot see any way from handset.