Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#79805 by jkjflee
Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:34 pm
I have had ooma for 16 months and all of a sudden I cannot answer calls. The phone rings I see the caller ID but when I pick up the phone it wont connect. Any suggestions .. is it on ooma's end I check all my phones and I can call out no problem I just cant pick up the calls coming in.
#79807 by EA PA
Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:40 pm
jkjflee wrote:I have had ooma for 16 months and all of a sudden I cannot answer calls. The phone rings I see the caller ID but when I pick up the phone it wont connect. Any suggestions .. is it on ooma's end I check all my phones and I can call out no problem I just cant pick up the calls coming in.

Run test from http://speedtest.phonepower.com/

Post results

View graphs and look at download speeds, delays - are they consistent across graph?
#79819 by lbmofo
Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:25 pm
If haven't done so in a while, try power cycling your Ooma (unplug power for a minute and then plug back in).
#79824 by thunderbird
Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:47 am
jkjflee wrote:I have had ooma for 16 months and all of a sudden I cannot answer calls. The phone rings I see the caller ID but when I pick up the phone it wont connect. Any suggestions .. is it on ooma's end I check all my phones and I can call out no problem I just cant pick up the calls coming in.

Check and see if you have the latest Ooma Telo 45073 Firmware update. Ooma Telo 45073 Firmware update corrected some of these problems that some people are having.
The easiest way to check for Ooma Telo Firmware 45073 update is to press any of the buttons on the face of the Ooma device. If you hear tones or voice messages, you have the new Ooma Telo Firmware 45073 update. Tone and voice was an added feature of this update.
If you don't have the firmware update, it will be automatically "pushed" out to you this week.

Sometimes just unpowering and powering your cordless phone base will help.

How is your Ooma device configured, Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma?
#79911 by jkjflee
Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:35 pm
For some apparent unknown reason it started to work again. By the way I have the Hub and Scout. Thanks for all the reply's.