Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#5768 by azism
Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:21 pm
When we receive a voicemail message, the arrow button flashes as it should. However, when we press the arrow to hear the message, it goes straight to line 1 instead of the speaker. Why?
#5769 by WayneDsr
Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:27 pm
Do you have your speaker volume turned down? Its on the left side of the ooma hub.

Wayne
#5772 by azism
Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:31 pm
It only happens only on NEW voicemail messages. If we press the arrow to get the saved messages, they play via the speaker just fine. I thought my wife just didn't understand how it worked with the voicemail until I tried it and got the same result. I'm baffled. And yes, the volumn is set okay.
#5779 by murphy
Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:19 pm
azism wrote:When we receive a voicemail message, the arrow button flashes as it should. However, when we press the arrow to hear the message, it goes straight to line 1 instead of the speaker. Why?

If you have your handset off hook when you push the arrow button, it will play the message through the handset.
#5788 by azism
Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:38 am
Yes, we know that. But, when we want to listen to a new (or even saved) voicemail, we want to do it via the speaker. Which means we have not lifted the (cordless) handset and turned it on. However, I was able to determine yesterday that when I was not hearing the new voicemail on the speaker, that is was hearable on the handset.
#5789 by WayneDsr
Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:57 am
I noticed on mine that if I were listening to voice mail on the hub and turned on the phone I heard a little "click" and the speaker in the hub shut off. I wonder if you need to turn the hub off, then back on to reset or even a hard reset:

1) Remove the power for the ooma device

2) Hold down the ooma tab [blue light] connect the power and hold for 30 secs until all the lights start flashing and once the flashing of all lights are done release the tab and the device will reset to factory settings.

This could help that switch to return to normal.

Wayne
#5962 by azism
Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:20 pm
I'm not sure which helped, but I did both the thing WAYNEDSR suggested and it works okay now. Thanks for the assist!

:-)