Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#79698 by EA PA
Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:15 pm
I was thinking of purchasing a standby Telo, used or refurb. Besides the obvious sources like E-Bay etc. is there another reasonably priced reputable vendor out there that anyone has used and had good luck with?

OOMA recommends these outlets: Anyone have any comments good or bad about these outlets from experience or have another better?

Ooma.com
Ooma's sales hotline (1-866-452-6662)
Fry's Electronics
Woot.com

Thanks
#79706 by EA PA
Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:41 pm
Great thanks - they do these in block sales? Ill keep an eye out, $135 seems steep for refurb, but comes with 180 day warranty - a plus. Maybe they will come down this time. I noticed in the Woot link that Telo is RED :shock:

http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=16905
#79713 by EA PA
Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:53 pm
lbmofo wrote:
EA PA wrote:I noticed in the Woot link that Telo is RED :shock:

Yeah, these might be refurbed by sith lords.

BTW, you can sign up for text msgs/emails on what the next Woot is: http://www.mywoot.net/

Thanks - will do.

Sith lords - really? More fantasy.
Repairs being done by Al Gore - duh
#79733 by lbmofo
Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:17 pm
I should warn folks...this mywoot.net place, you can sign up but you can't unsubscribe :) At least I tried to but no success so far :cry: So I still deal with a barrage of texts from them whenever there is a woot off.
#79737 by EA PA
Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:27 pm
lbmofo wrote:I should warn folks...this mywoot.net place, you can sign up but you can't unsubscribe :) At least I tried to but no success so far :cry: So I still deal with a barrage of texts from them whenever there is a woot off.

Argg - I hate that. :x I appears that they may be a bit arrogant as well;

I want to talk to a live person there, can I call you?
No. We are busy sourcing new products and shipping orders. You can post a comment to our community board, but we don't guarantee we'll respond. You should Google for the manufacturer contact to get product answers – we suggest a dating service, magic 8 ball, or ouija board for general life solutions.

Thanks for the warning
#79739 by lbmofo
Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:34 pm
Don't get me wrong, woot is great. No issues getting stuff from them. And no issues returning stuff either. I had some trouble with a particular model of in car DVD system they were selling (Kodak), I got 2 exchanges done (don't remember how now but I had no issues with doing it; very smooth and easy) but at the end I said the heck with it and I got money back no problem. I bought lots of things from them before. No problem. BTW, not sure if closed or not but Amazon owns woot.com

This mywoot.net is a different place and not associated with woot.com. For some reason, I can't get myself unsubscribed from their sms. :)
#79740 by EA PA
Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:39 pm
lbmofo wrote:Don't get me wrong, woot is great. No issues getting stuff from them. And no issues returning stuff either. I had some trouble with a particular model of in car DVD system they were selling (Kodak), I got 2 exchanges done (don't remember how now but I had no issues with doing it; very smooth and easy) but at the end I said the heck with it and I got money back no problem. I bought lots of things from them before. No problem. BTW, not sure if closed or not but Amazon owns woot.com

This mywoot.net is a different place and not associated with woot.com. For some reason, I can't get myself unsubscribed from their sms. :)

I have a "special" email address for stuff like this, however if they do business by broadcasting text messages, I can see how this would be the perpetual nightmare. Is this how they broadcast the deal of the day? or does one have a choice as to how one discovers the deal of the day?
#79741 by lbmofo
Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:46 pm
There is no way to tell what's on woot.com unless you go visit woot.com on a daily basis.

-or- use a 3rd party service like mywoot.net

That's why there are other guys like mywoot.net that exist for sms services (again, mywoot.net is not associated with woot.com).