Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#79517 by gregg098
Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:12 pm
I recently moved and want to add a new local number and port out my current primary number. Im not worried about getting a new number, but what happens to my account if the primary number gets ported out?
#79528 by Ely
Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:44 pm
Do you have more than one number on your Ooma account? If you port out the primary, they will probably move the secondary number to replace your ported out primary, thus becoming your account's new login user ID, If you do not have a secondary number at this point they most likely give you a default system generated number or something around those lines, now this is all my guessing, other more knowledgeable members here could perhaps enlighten you more.

When I ported IN my number I had two numbers on the account, the one that was primary, simply disappeared from my account and my new ported in number became primary, so I'm using that logic in reverse :D .
#79529 by lbmofo
Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:48 pm
In order to have 2 numbers, you need to be Premier.
If the number you want to port out is the primary number, call into Ooma customer service to swap your 2ndary and primary.
Porting out 2nd number won't impact your Ooma account.
If you are porting out the only number in your Ooma account, your Ooma account will be deactivated as an result and you'll have to pay reactivation fee if you want to turn on Ooma service again.