Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#79402 by ncfoster
Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:03 pm
I am a premier user, and I have been using blacklists any time annoying calls come in. In this case, the U.S. Census Bureau keeps calling me. There is a non-mandatory survey they WANT me to complete, but I am not obligated to do so. I have explained to them multiple times that I don't wish to do it. They call at many different times, and sometimes wake me. Despite blocking the numbers involved, the phone continues to ring. I just looked in the call log, and the last call specifically already noted that it was blocked, yet the block didn't work. Somebody help me, please. :) Thanks, in advance.
#79403 by lbmofo
Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:06 pm
Someone like ntoy or Bobby B will have to take a look at what's going on from behind the scenes.
#79405 by ntoy
Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:18 pm
ncfoster wrote:I am a premier user, and I have been using blacklists any time annoying calls come in. In this case, the U.S. Census Bureau keeps calling me. There is a non-mandatory survey they WANT me to complete, but I am not obligated to do so. I have explained to them multiple times that I don't wish to do it. They call at many different times, and sometimes wake me. Despite blocking the numbers involved, the phone continues to ring. I just looked in the call log, and the last call specifically already noted that it was blocked, yet the block didn't work. Somebody help me, please. :) Thanks, in advance.

Hello ncfoster,

For some reason, personal blacklist was disabled. I went ahead & re-enabled it for you.
#79407 by ncfoster
Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:19 pm
ntoy wrote:
ncfoster wrote:I am a premier user, and I have been using blacklists any time annoying calls come in. In this case, the U.S. Census Bureau keeps calling me. There is a non-mandatory survey they WANT me to complete, but I am not obligated to do so. I have explained to them multiple times that I don't wish to do it. They call at many different times, and sometimes wake me. Despite blocking the numbers involved, the phone continues to ring. I just looked in the call log, and the last call specifically already noted that it was blocked, yet the block didn't work. Somebody help me, please. :) Thanks, in advance.

Hello ncfoster,

For some reason, personal blacklist was disabled. I went ahead & re-enabled it for you.

That's certainly odd, but good to know. Thank you.
#79410 by ncfoster
Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:23 pm
A second related question...sometimes calls come in with the number format of (xxx)xxx-xxxx . Other times, the same number will come in with the format of +xxxxxxxxxx .

Is there an obvious reason for this difference? And is there a reason that the latter seems to fail when I attempt to add it to a blacklist, even though the web interface reports success? Seems like a big loop-hole...obviously the information can be spoofed, but outside of that, this seems like the biggest hole for me.